What % Tint Would Look Good All Around

I need help on deciding what tint i should go with all the way around I have a 1998 Gs400 Cinnabar Red

thank you

I don't know if you have concerns about getting tickets or getting pulled over or not. Personally I like 20%. Myself I have 20% on the four cabin windows, and I have 5% on my rear windshield and a Strip at the top of my front windshield that is 5% as well (its probably about 6 inches long). theres other things that come into account. If you have a dark interior like black or charcoal, it will make your tints look darker because your not reflecting much light inside.

I have put 20% (medium shade) charcoal on all windows....including the front sides.....I found the 35% too light for me personally (the tint will fade slightly over time no matter what anyways). I don't do anything when I drive that waves a flag at the police & even if a cop pulls up beside me, I roll my window down so it appears that the front is lighter than the rears.

IMO, the one solid colour looks the best....not two or three different shades.

:cheers:

I have put 20% (medium shade) charcoal on all windows....including the front sides.....I found the 35% too light for me personally (the tint will fade slightly over time no matter what anyways). I don't do anything when I drive that waves a flag at the police & even if a cop pulls up beside me, I roll my window down so it appears that the front is lighter than the rears.

IMO, the one solid colour looks the best....not two or three different shades.

:cheers:

Use the state window tinting laws to make your decision. B) http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

I have limo on all.. It is very dark and takes some getting used to.. I have to lower the windows at night when coming to an intersection or backing up because it is too damn dark.

Other than that I love the way it looks on the car.. I have not be pulled over since the tinting and it has been 6 months.

limo.bmp

I had my windows tined a week ago. I went with 50-50-40 (as 40% in the back) with huper optick ceramic. This combination is very much like factory installed... not too dark at all, just fairly shaded but supposedly good blocking of summer heat. I have a grey on silver gs430 so it goes easier with lighter tin.

i have 3% all the way around on my es300 and a 13" strip on the front windshield! only problems were backing outta somewhere at night! i think im gonna redo it on my gs and i NEVER got pulled over for it

• 1 month later...

YA I GOT 1998 GS300 WHITE PEARL WITH 5% ALL AROUND LOOKS REALLY GOOD LIKE I'M A CELEB OR SOMETHING HAVE HAD IT FOR 2 YEARS NOW AND NOT ONE TICKET YET...GOTTEN PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING TWICE BUT NEVER TICKETED FOR WINDOWS.....I GUES BECAUSE IT'S A LEXUS AND NOT SOME HOOPTY

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my tints done today (: I'm very happy with the results I got 15% back and 10% front.. I was planning on getting 20% all around but because of my tan interior it didnt seem dark enough (: