Cigarret Lighter Problem

philg

I blew out my front cig lighter by using an electric air pump for too long. I checked the breaker and it is fine. I am wondering what I need to do to take the actual cig lighter out. The car is a 98 LS400. Does anyone have any links to a DIY writeup with pictures? Thanks in advance.

-Phil

I did the same. The rear (and probably front) lighter has an individual fuse soldered in place. I bypassed the fuse by soldering in a section of wire. I do not know how to remove the front lighter, but believe it requires removing all the center console panels, starting from the arm rest and moving forward. The instructions for replacing the hvac display panel describe how this is done.

I did the same. The rear (and probably front) lighter has an individual fuse soldered in place. I bypassed the fuse by soldering in a section of wire. I do not know how to remove the front lighter, but believe it requires removing all the center console panels, starting from the arm rest and moving forward. The instructions for replacing the hvac display panel describe how this is done.

My fuses were not soldered in place. I pulled both and they looked fine. The rear lighter (power port in the center console) still works. I think that I shorted the actual lighter socket. I am going to look over the HVAC display panel disassembly instructions.

Thanks,

Phil