Blackberry 7130c - Phonebook Address Transfer Does Not Work

ls430dude

I do not see any option under blue tooth devices to transfer address book in my phone. It appears that 7130 has some limitations.

Has any one successfully transferred the phone address book from Blackberry 7130C to Lexus Bluetooth?

Let me know

Thanks

Not sure if this matters but according to the Tech department at work the BlackBerry Infastructure is currently experiencing some issues. My BB is just now up again after being down since 2pm. Perhaps due to the service interruption you have been unable to sync up..

RIM's outage along with AT&T would have no impact on Bluetooth functions as far as detecting and connecting to other Bluetooth devices.

Have you been able to pair up your phone with your Lexus? While in Bluetooth mode NOT phone mode on your blackberry. (same screen as the Devices you have been paired with) can you go to options and see if Transfer address book is there..? That is where I have to go on my BB Curve.

The 7130 does not support file transfer. Older Blackberries were primarily a business tool and less consumer friendly. I would recommend you check your phones bluetooth profiles. They will generally tell you what bluetooth profiles the phone will support.

You might also check with your provider to see if there is a software upgrade available. Platform version 4.1 and earlier don't support the full range of bluetooth functionality; version 4.2 and higher do (like address transfer).

The 7130 does not support file transfer. Older Blackberries were primarily a business tool and less consumer friendly. I would recommend you check your phones bluetooth profiles. They will generally tell you what bluetooth profiles the phone will support.

I have the Blackberry 8800 and it doesn't support the address transfer either. Fortunately, my wife's Windows Mobile 5 phone does support the transfer and I simply had to port my address book to her phone temporarily. There are a bunch of relatiively cheap phones that support transfer or find a friend with one that does.

I do not see any option under blue tooth devices to transfer address book in my phone. It appears that 7130 has some limitations.

Has any one successfully transferred the phone address book from Blackberry 7130C to Lexus Bluetooth?

Let me know

Thanks

Guys: I got it working on the new Blackberry 4.2 OS loaded on to my Blackberry.