Dash Lights | Tcs Blinking And Abs On

kreipe

1997 ES300 170,000 miles.

In the past week I've noticed that intermittently the "TCS off" light has been blinking and the ABS light has come on simultaneously.

How would I remedy this? I'm thinking that it's a sensor problem. But assistance would be appreciated.

I am having this same problem. It happened after I changed my struts. I was thinking is was a speed sensor. But, when we had freezing rain the other day and I started my car, let it warm up and started to drive, the lights went off. I shut the car down and started it back up and they popped up again. I am thinking of taking it to a shop with an ABS scanner. Any info.?

• 3 weeks later...

As a followup...

The tire pressures in the front tires were unusually high. (Added air at the station w/o a guage and forgot to adjust them when I got home). Adjusted them to 32psi and lights have not come on. This car does NOT have tire pressure sensors. Guess the jarring effect caused the lights to come on???

It happened to me after I changed the Struts with Strut mounts.

I fixed by myself.

If you can lift up the vehicle, you can easily find a socket (normally 2 pins or 3pins) behind brakes or near hub.

The repair shop guys didn't plug the socket properly. (I think that the socket is for the communication for brake-functionality,ABS, and TCS)

I pull out the socket (easy) and plug it back firmly.

Then it works fine and doesn't show me any sign of ABS or TCS lights.

Hope it helps.