Ls 400 Interior Trunk Release

Happy Lexus Man

My interior trunk release on my 98 LS400 no longer functions> I can still use the remote on the key and of course the key works manually. I checked all the fuses and none of them appear to be bad. Any solutions would be cool. I had the car in the shop at the local dealer this week and when I left it for the day the counter expert said he could use the valet key to check it out. His outcome was he needed the main key to check the trunk

My interior trunk release on my 98 LS400 no longer functions> I can still use the remote on the key and of course the key works manually. I checked all the fuses and none of them appear to be bad. Any solutions would be cool. I had the car in the shop at the local dealer this week and when I left it for the day the counter expert said he could use the valet key to check it out. His outcome was he needed the main key to check the trunk

My $10 is on the valet "lock out". The master key can be used to enable the internal trunk release handle, just put the master key into the lock by the fuel flap release and make sure it is in the outermost position. To activate the valet "lock out" you just have to push the lock in, no key required. That is probably what has happened.