Manual Transmission Liquids

Eddie4420

Quick question.. I have an 03 Lexus IS 300 w/ Manual Transmission.. Im about to hit 60k and want to do a tune up on the transmission.. What type of transmission fluid is recommended?.. Differential oil?.. Im confused as to what to do.. As of right now im just planning on buying the gear oil.. Is something else recommended or needed?.. I hear people put some kind of additive w/ the gear oil..

Read what is suggested (viscosity wise) in the owners manual.....I would then recommend you switch to synthetic. I'm a die hard Amsoil user personally, but there are many choices out there. B)

Alright sweet.. Synthetic it is.. I'm still confused on gear oil and differential oil.. Is is the same?.. Will I need both these liquids for the tune up on the manual transmission..

Read what is suggested (viscosity wise) in the owners manual.....I would then recommend you switch to synthetic. I'm a die hard Amsoil user personally, but there are many choices out there. B)

Alright sweet.. Synthetic it is.. I'm still confused on gear oil and differential oil.. Is is the same?.. Will I need both these liquids for the tune up on the manual transmission..

Gear oil is for the rear differential, Transmission is for the gearbox. They are 2 different liquids.