Initializing The Tire Pressure Sensor

After no luck finding how to do this on any discussion forums I got on the lexus website and found this little gem in the manual after registering as an owner. It helped me figure out how to turn off that annoying little light.

1. Make sure all tires are at the correct pressure with the car off.

2. Start the engine.

3. Press the "ON/OFF" switch below the instrument panel brightness nob and tap the left/right on switch until "TIRE SELECT" appears on the little computer screen between tachometer and speedometer, make sure the right set is selected (MAIN or 2ND).

5. Now press left/right until "TIRE PRESSURE" is displayed .

6. Hold down "ON/OFF" switch until "PRESSURE INITIAL" appears (3+ seconds).

7. Your done!

Wait until tire light goes off, it may take a few minutes. If after a few minutes its still on you may want to try it with the option you didn't select in step 4. This could be a little wrong b/c I only did it once and am just recalling my steps from memory but it was fairly intuitive once I got in the computer mode so be patient and let me know if you have success. Good Luck!

After no luck finding how to do this on any discussion forums I got on the lexus website and found this little gem in the manual after registering as an owner. It helped me figure out how to turn off that annoying little light.

2. Start the engine.

3. Press the "ON/OFF" switch below the instrument panel brightness nob and tap the left/right on switch until "TIRE SELECT" appears on the little computer screen between tachometer and speedometer, make sure the right set is selected (MAIN or 2ND).

7. Your done!

Wait until tire light goes off, it may take a few minutes. If after a few minutes its still on you may want to try it with the option you didn't select in step 4. This could be a little wrong b/c I only did it once and am just recalling my steps from memory but it was fairly intuitive once I got in the computer mode so be patient and let me know if you have success. Good Luck!

Yes, this is the procedure for setting the baseline tire pressure. It should be used whenever you make pressure adjustments due to ambient temperature changes, race day, etc…

Just for the record. You can not program new TPM sensor ID’s by this method. So far, this can only be done with a programming tool that is typically only available from the dealers. However, both Lexus and Toyota dealers can program the ID’s. Guess which dealer costs less for the same service????

Regards,

• 12 years later...

IS F / IS250 / IS350 (2006-2013 / 2nd Generation)

In this generation, your vehicle equipped with a satellite switch (located on dash just left of steering wheel) to change the settings of various features. Follow these steps to reset the TPMS:

image.thumb.png.92a2bd1eeb3a436377009db3e30f853b.png

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2008 at 5:44 AM, mph0804 said:

2. Start the engine.

7. Your done!

What if the tire pressure initialization was not successful? That is, the process above was unable to initialize the tire pressure as there was no response.

What could be the reason?