91ls400 Headlight & Foglight Replacement

91ls400

My foglight on my 91 ls400 went out so I went to Advance Auto to get the H3 bulbs specified in the manual. The store had a great sale on the Silverstar headlamps (bulbs only). So I decided to get myself a pair, for $30, figured i just do preventative maitnance. I started following the steps in the manual. I couldn't get past the first step, it says to remove the side lamp to get access to more screws. I removed the only screw for the side lens and pulled, the lens wouldnt move. I didn't want to break the lens so I stopped. Already frustrated I took out the fog lamp assembly and found out that the car doesn't even use standard H3 bulbs. Lucily I only spent 5 bucks on the bulbs. Does anyone have ideas on how to get the side lens off? Also, does anyone know what types of bulbs are used in the foglights?

I have removed my side lamps several times per the instructions in the manual, remove the single screw at the top of the light, then the light prys out from the leading edge. It has a nylon stud that snaps in place. I believe it should be the same on your 91. Can't help you on the bulbs, don't have my owners manual handy and it's frustrating to not be able to find simple information like what types of bulbs are used in a shop manual 3" thick.

Curt