How To Remove Trim By Windshield, To Hide Radar Detector Wire?

rekit

Can't see how to remove the grab handles. What about removing the trim above the windsheild? Is there a 12v source on the passenger side that is only on when the ignition is on? Or just go ahead and run from the drivers side? Thanks.

Can't see how to remove the grab handles. What about removing the trim above the windsheild? Is there a 12v source on the passenger side that is only on when the ignition is on? Or just go ahead and run from the drivers side? Thanks.

Where are you installing the detector itself? What brand of detector?

It's just a visor mount. It's a Bell. Don't have the model # with me, but it sure works good. Very few false alerts. Saved my butt several times so far. I tried it on the suction cups on the windsheild but it's always in the way of the sun shield when I park, and on the visor I can leave it there.

It's just a visor mount. It's a Bell. Don't have the model # with me, but it sure works good. Very few false alerts. Saved my butt several times so far. I tried it on the suction cups on the windsheild but it's always in the way of the sun shield when I park, and on the visor I can leave it there.

I have a detector and I use the suction cup mount center and as low as possible, It has a quick release on the mount and when I park I put it in the center console. Thiefs like toys. Here is the inside trim removal from a ls400, I don't know if it will help but it may get you in the ballpark.

internal_trim_sunroof92ls.pdf

There is a Blk/Red wire under moon roof switch cover on a '00 SC300. It is on and off at right times.Tapped into back of connector and feed power to a Valentine One, suction cup mounted, high and right of inside mirror.That location gives V1 earliest view when cresting a hill and also a clear view out back window. Also most thieves are quick checking low on dash for a radar detector or GPS. But best way to keep your detector is keep it out of sight when not in use.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my 93 did not have the same wire there. But I did get the trim removed. You have to slide/stretch the handle and there's a little tab so it slides off. Two phillips bolts and pop the whole trim off. Lean it over toward the center of the car to get it out of the dash. Then I ran a new wire and fuse from the drivers side kick area up to the headliner and over to the dome light area, the out to my visor mounted detector. The auto parts store had a gizmo that you replace 1 fuse with this and it becomes 2 fuses, with a pigtail for the second fused circuit. I plugged it in my cig lighter fuse. The weird part is that while I had the cig fuse out, the a/c did not work-no blower, no indicator panel lights. Remember to check this fuse if your a/c-heat goes out! Why the hell did they do that?...........Or maybe I pulled the wrong fuse-I'll double check.