What Do I Do?!?!?!

oldskooliron

I just got a 2002 IS300 and was looking for advice on some small things I could do to get a little more power.

Im not looking to sink a whole lot of money because of the high miles and plus im in college and dont have a whole lot of it to spend.

So what do you guys think?

I just got a 2002 IS300 and was looking for advice on some small things I could do to get a little more power.

Im not looking to sink a whole lot of money because of the high miles and plus im in college and dont have a whole lot of it to spend.

So what do you guys think?

Smooth1 should be chiming in soon...............Right Smooth? He is one of our resident IS gurus :cheers:

I can't help it, I love this place!

well, first thing you need to do is set some goals. Like determine how much more hp your looking for. 25? 50? 100? 200? 400??? 600???????

then set up your perameters. Like staying naturally asparated, or going turbo, or supercharger, or motor swapping altogether. Once you have decided that, then it's easy. And by the way:

Reliable and Cheap is not Fast

Cheap and Fast is not Reliable

Fast and Reliable is not Cheap

I can't help it, I love this place!

well, first thing you need to do is set some goals. Like determine how much more hp your looking for. 25? 50? 100? 200? 400??? 600???????

then set up your perameters. Like staying naturally asparated, or going turbo, or supercharger, or motor swapping altogether. Once you have decided that, then it's easy. And by the way:

Reliable and Cheap is not Fast

Cheap and Fast is not Reliable

Fast and Reliable is not Cheap

Smooth, You should put that saying in your sig. :cheers:

I was thinking about dropping all the mod listings as they are about to get even longer. In fact way to long.

Ok. I'll do it.

50 hp is gonna cost ya somewhere between $4 or $5 grand. That's :

700 for full exhaust

600 for the header

250 for the intake

175 for an exhaust cam gear

1500 for head work

600 for a 272 cam

500 for an AEM

350 for NA tuning.

You may come out with a few more ponies in the end as some of the mods work together to increase thier efficiency. Like the exhaust is good for about 10-15 hp, but after you do the head work and intake and header, the exhaust is probably good for more than that.