Alarm Volume Control (make Higher Or Lower)

Whats up guys.. So today I decided to make my alarm volume higher.. So I spend the morning unscrewing and removing almost all the front panel.. And found NO volume adjuster.. I opened the hood, I was under the steering wheel, And still couldn't find anything.. People say its under the steering wheel, but unless I looked passed it.. I couldn't find anything.. So I came to this concussion.. Basically under the steering wheel, by the gas petal, there's an ECU connecter.. So if im right.. IM guessing the only way to adjust anything, has to be by an ECU computer.. Sooo.. I guess if you know someone with one, or if you just decide to buy one, I believe that's the only way.. Someone please prove me wrong.. peace..

No such thumbwheel. If you are talking about the beep that your car makes when you lock or unlock the doors, that can be adjusted only with a Lexus diagnostic computer.

The customizable function in CBEST is called "Wireless Buzzer Volume," OFF/MIN/MID1/MID2/MID3/MAX are the possible settings. See other settings here.

HUH?? I am confused. Neither answers the question.

BP

I'm sorry to see you are confused. :wacko:

I think the answer is -- try to use the Search function before asking a question that has been asked (and ultimately answered) a billion times previously on the forum. I have been a member for a short while, but I've seen GuyTelefunken answer this several times already since Nov '07. In my humble opinion it is a silly thing to be concerned about anyway. What's the point of having a loud beep? So everyone can see you are locking or unlocking a Lexus?

We should wager to see when the next yahoo rips his dashboard apart and then asks this very same "where is the thumbwheel" question.

I'm not normally a grumpy *BLEEP* but it's getting old already. :rolleyes:

HUH?? I am confused. Neither answers the question.

BP

I'm sorry to see you are confused. :wacko:

I think the answer is -- try to use the Search function before asking a question that has been asked (and ultimately answered) a billion times previously on the forum. I have been a member for a short while, but I've seen GuyTelefunken answer this several times already since Nov '07. In my humble opinion it is a silly thing to be concerned about anyway. What's the point of having a loud beep? So everyone can see you are locking or unlocking a Lexus?

We should wager to see when the next yahoo rips his dashboard apart and then asks this very same "where is the thumbwheel" question.

I'm not normally a grumpy *BLEEP* but it's getting old already. :rolleyes:

I agree with you that we should all search to see if a question has been answered in a previous post, but in defense of "where is the thumbwheel," my 01 GS300's manual stated that there was a thumbwheel to adjust the volume. I called Lexus of Tampa Bay and a tech I spoke with told me it was under there, but I never found it, so I just accepted it as that I couldn't find it. The reason why I wanted mine louder you ask? Unless my car was in my quiet driveway I couldn't tell if it had locked unless I saw the lights flash. In the parking lot at the store or mall, I couldn't hear it. I'm glad that finally I found out that it is a setting that is adjusted via the LPS. ;)

There is definitely a thumb wheel in my 2002 Lexus ES300. Under the dash on the right side of the driver's foot well. Can't be missed.

Whether is beep is loud not is relative to your situation. The volume on my alarm was so low, I couldn't hear it standing 8 feet away from the car! It must have been turned by accident when my car was detailed. I waited for weeks before finally looking online. I'm real glad to have found a reference to a thumb wheel by someone else in this forum. I feel sorry for those who have to need to take it to a dealer to have it set by a computer. Then again, I guess they are less likely to have the volume knob turned by accident!

bh