Rack Bushings - Anyone Done This?

Tried searches but did not find anything on rack bushings - DIY...anywaysI bought some Polurethane ones and I will give it a go later today. Running out to get a punch and mallet, any tips you may have would be appreciated. Once it's done I will report back to see if it was worth the 54.00 spent for the parts + sh

Thanks! GSinFL 2000 GS400

Tried searches but did not find anything on rack bushings - DIY...anywaysI bought some Polurethane ones and I will give it a go later today. Running out to get a punch and mallet, any tips you may have would be appreciated. Once it's done I will report back to see if it was worth the 54.00 spent for the parts + sh

OK I got these in there finally...and I must say it was well worth the effort! Steering feels tighter, responsive and more road feel...I also did the rotors, pads and new tires....WOW. Next I want the Cusco lower strut, an upper strut bar and poly sway bar

bushings...It should really improve the handling once I get all this done.

OK I got these in there finally...and I must say it was well worth the effort! Steering feels tighter, responsive and more road feel...I also did the rotors, pads and new tires....WOW. Next I want the Cusco lower strut, an upper strut bar and poly sway bar

How long did it take you ? Did you have it up on a rack or under a shadetree ? Where did you purchase the bushings ? We crave info here at LOC. Did you take pictures ? BTW Welcome to the club :cheers:

How long did it take you ? Did you have it up on a rack or under a shadetree ? Where did you purchase the bushings ? We crave info here at LOC. Did you take pictures ? BTW Welcome to the club :cheers:

I did it in my garage, the whole job was about 5 hours to do including the rotors and pads, cleaning every little piece and such...I didn't take pictures unfortunately...but I recommend getting the car high enough so you have elbow room. Oh and I forgot, I also changed the oil and filter with the Purple stuff as well. Next I'm doing plugs and removing and cleaning throttle body. After that I need to start to look for all of the parts to do the timing belt...I will take pictures then and post them.

I did it in my garage, the whole job was about 5 hours to do including the rotors and pads, cleaning every little piece and such...I didn't take pictures unfortunately...but I recommend getting the car high enough so you have elbow room. Oh and I forgot, I also changed the oil and filter with the Purple stuff as well. Next I'm doing plugs and removing and cleaning throttle body. After that I need to start to look for all of the parts to do the timing belt...I will take pictures then and post them.

What's the purple stuff ? oil filter and oil.

What's the purple stuff ? oil filter and oil.

Yeah, Royal Purple and Mobil filter...wasn't expecting the oil to be purple...