Tires For 2004 Ls430, 225/55 X 17

HankJ

Looks like I need four tires and I can't decide which type to get. I did the Tire Rack selection and have narrowed it down to Michelins and Bridgestones. I don't need high speed tires, but want something safe and quiet.

I have MXV4s now, but think that they are too noisy and am looking for something different.

Any suggestions or comments?

thanks a bunch.. :cheers:

Try Michelin Exaltos. They may not be quieter than new MXV's but they handle far better, and have excellent traction. They are directional, and look good as well. Exaltos are a less expensive form of the Pilot series, and I have Exalto's on the LS and Pilots on the GS. I am extremely pleased with both.

Try Michelin Exaltos. They may not be quieter than new MXV's but they handle far better, and have excellent traction. They are directional, and look good as well. Exaltos are a less expensive form of the Pilot series, and I have Exalto's on the LS and Pilots on the GS. I am extremely pleased with both.

For the most riding comfort and quietness you should purchase Bridgestone Turanza "summer only" tires and with the lowest speed rating you expect not to exceed for extended periods.

Thanks guys!

Looks like it is Bridgestone or Michelin, but I don't see the Exaltos in my size. I've had the Michelins for many, many years and many cars, so maybe it is time to try the Bridgestone alternative.

Any downsides to this?

Thanks again!

I have Toyo's Versado LX's on my 01 & am very happy with them so far. Very quiet & comfortable ride even with the upsizing to 18" tires/rims.

They even have a commercial out with them advertised on a LS430, so they are made for larger luxury cars.

I put Kumho Escta ASX tires on a month ago, and have been very pleased. They are a 40k mile tire as were the Dunlops that were on it when I bought her "new" in 04. Ihave noticed no difference in tire comfort, handling, noise, or performance. So far, a great buy, at an "out the door" price of $112 each for a set of 4 at our local tire dealer...