Windshield Washer Pump Location

maineiac

Just purchased a 1990 ES250 (awesome ride). The windshield washer pump apparently is not working, as the reservoir is full, but the fluid doesn't make it to the windshield. Can anyone advise me where the pump is located? I traced the hoses back to the passenger side of the engine compartment, where the hose disappears into the firewall and possibly under the dash or behind the glovebox? Thanks for any assistance you can provide...Scott

Just purchased a 1990 ES250 (awesome ride). The windshield washer pump apparently is not working, as the reservoir is full, but the fluid doesn't make it to the windshield. Can anyone advise me where the pump is located? I traced the hoses back to the passenger side of the engine compartment, where the hose disappears into the firewall and possibly under the dash or behind the glovebox? Thanks for any assistance you can provide...Scott

Can you hear it trying to pump? Take a stick pin and clean out the windshield spray orifice. It is an older car and these things tend to plug if not used .

Thanks DC - I appreciate the info...Scott

Anytime, BTW Welcome to the club :cheers: Enjoy your stay, These forums are full of useful info. ;)

Alright, replaced the pump - easy job - ALAS - still not working. Anyone know if there have been problems with the wiper switches in the steering column? What kind of a !Removed! project is that going to be to replace? Thanks... :wacko:

Anytime, BTW Welcome to the club :cheers: Enjoy your stay, These forums are full of useful info. ;)

Alright, replaced the pump - easy job - ALAS - still not working. Anyone know if there have been problems with the wiper switches in the steering column? What kind of a !Removed! project is that going to be to replace? Thanks...:wacko:

Check to see if there is power to the pump, Is the connector intact? Wires loose ? You can find info on the es250 easily enough. It is just like that year camry in many many ways.

Alright, replaced the pump - easy job - ALAS - still not working. Anyone know if there have been problems with the wiper switches in the steering column? What kind of a !Removed! project is that going to be to replace? Thanks...:wacko:

Check to see if there is power to the pump, Is the connector intact? Wires loose ? You can find info on the es250 easily enough. It is just like that year camry in many many ways.

If you need parts: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=44967&hl=

Mistake :blink:

Don't ask me , I don't know why there are 3 posts :huh::wacko: