Need Opinion Or Advice "gs300 Or Gs400"

I currently own a 92 SC400 and I am looking to step it up a bit. I want a bigger car and nothing best Lexus luxary for the price. I'm already use to a V8(SC400) for that raw power and aggressive sound of the V8. Gas mileage is not an issue for me so I'm looking at the options more so between overall performance and potential of a 99 GS 300 or GS 400.

I am curious as to what people have to say about either car or both. Which would you choose/why? Which do you think is faster/quicker? Make sense??? I'm not looking go off the deep end with Mod's like turbo and all stuff but please give me your feed back. Thanks

If you are already happy with the V8 then you should go for the GS4. Big diff between 225HP and 300HP in the GS. Plus you'll miss that 8 cylinder growl when you accelerate. Mileage isn't that much lower in the GS4 versus the GS3 anyway.

I currently own a 92 SC400 and I am looking to step it up a bit. I want a bigger car and nothing best Lexus luxary for the price. I'm already use to a V8(SC400) for that raw power and aggressive sound of the V8. Gas mileage is not an issue for me so I'm looking at the options more so between overall performance and potential of a 99 GS 300 or GS 400.

I am curious as to what people have to say about either car or both. Which would you choose/why? Which do you think is faster/quicker? Make sense??? I'm not looking go off the deep end with Mod's like turbo and all stuff but please give me your feed back. Thanks

Sounds like the G4 will suit your wants, Plenty fast for public streets. ;) BTW welcome to the club :cheers:

I have a 94 GS300 with no cats, hehehe Apexi Exhaust and Cold Air Intake...and I have a GS400. I love the V8...not much difference in Gas mileage...huge diff in power, especially from a dead stop, the 6 cyl is just too slow to get moving...once the weight is rolling it runs real strong. But the V8 is like that all the time...Go V8!!!!

Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing when I looked up the specs and saw the horse power diff. That is a lot.

If you are already happy with the V8 then you should go for the GS4. Big diff between 225HP and 300HP in the GS. Plus you'll miss that 8 cylinder growl when you accelerate. Mileage isn't that much lower in the GS4 versus the GS3 anyway.

A friend of mind had a GS300 and it was pretty quick, but I was talking to a sales guy at the Lexus dealer yesterday and he was saying the 400 was the *BLEEP*!! He also said that comparing the 2 cars ( GS430 and GS400) he said the 400 was better. He said they were exactly the same car but 430 has a little more torqe but the horse power was still a stock 300hp. He said though becasue they took off the feature to the triptrinoc shifting on the steering wheel of the 430 the 400 could still beat it in a longer stretch. Beside I think having that feture weather you use it or not make the car cooler.

sometimes... i wish i spent the extra 5k and went for the 430.... :blushing: But i guess I'll save that for when i get my LS.

Did you do any Mod's to the 400 yet?

I have a 94 GS300 with no cats, hehehe Apexi Exhaust and Cold Air Intake...and I have a GS400. I love the V8...not much difference in Gas mileage...huge diff in power, especially from a dead stop, the 6 cyl is just too slow to get moving...once the weight is rolling it runs real strong. But the V8 is like that all the time...Go V8!!!!

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

Sounds like the G4 will suit your wants, Plenty fast for public streets. ;) BTW welcome to the club :cheers:

Hi there! I am gouging interest to sell my car that was demaged recently quite seriusly. It is about GS 430, full option, model 06/07. The front section (engine, air conditioning etc) is broken to the "fire wall", from there on the car is totally undemanged which includes complete interior with air bags, 18`wheels etc. Is thare anyone who can give me an advice on selling such still in my opinion very OK car. Pictures and other information about thecar are avaible on demand. Thx, Rolf