Seafoam Diy!

jcrome04

stupid question... but why does it go throught the brake booster?? how does that hose lead it to engine and other parts??? sorry...

There is no stupid questions! :D

The Brake booster hose actually originates from the intake manifold - the "seafoam" is "sucked" in along with the intaked air and distributed evenly through all the Cylinders, it does a good job of cleaning "surface" carbon, but not hard carbon buildup - it may however break it down to an extent to where it will loosen up eventually with a few applications with the seafoam. (These cars should not have too much of Hard-carbon buildup with proper maintanance) I did this same trick with my Acura Vigor using "seafoam" and Distilled water afterwards and it did very well.

Try it and see! B)

Distilled water?.......

Explain more please. :huh:

or just plain drinking water - This is an old-school method of internally steam-cleaning your engine - same "careful" method as the sea-foam. what happens when the water mist enters the combustion chamber, the intense heat from the combustion converts the mist to instant steam, busting up any carbon build-up on your piston heads, valves, and exhaust ports. Steam is one of the best all around natural cleaners.

I would not encourage anyone to do this as a first time DIY, cause you really have to let the hose "sip" the water slowly-it takes a good amount of solid water to actually Hydrolock an engine, but you always want to stay on the safe side.

If i ever perform this J-crome, i will make sure and Post the process and results as you have - if you happen to try it, make sure your engine is at maximum op. temperature!

Distilled water?.......

Explain more please. :huh:

or just plain drinking water - This is an old-school method of internally steam-cleaning your engine - same "careful" method as the sea-foam. what happens when the water mist enters the combustion chamber, the intense heat from the combustion converts the mist to instant steam, busting up any carbon build-up on your piston heads, valves, and exhaust ports. Steam is one of the best all around natural cleaners.

I would not encourage anyone to do this as a first time DIY, cause you really have to let the hose "sip" the water slowly-it takes a good amount of solid water to actually Hydrolock an engine, but you always want to stay on the safe side.

If i ever perform this J-crome, i will make sure and Post the process and results as you have - if you happen to try it, make sure your engine is at maximum op. temperature!

one more thing, its really best to do such a process right before an oil change, cause any "moisture" or "residue" that make it past the oil/Piston rings during this process will settle in your oil pan and filter.

(of course please let your baby cool down a bit afor you change the oil - dont mess w/your baby while she's hot cause' she will burn you!) - see? women and cars share much in common! no fense' ladies. be ye metal or flesh.