Gs400 Hid Light Replacement

1998 GS400 - Passenger side HID Headlight and Parking light are fogged with apparent condensation on the inside. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and it really annoys me as well as the thought of reduced night vision.

One would think that you pop the outer cover, either wipe it out and reseal it, or replace the cover. Not!

Dealer indicates that it's all one big mother unit and all but bulb must be replaced. Quote of $850+ including labor. This is only for the right side!

Any comments, suggestions, or do I either live with it or bite the bullet. Thanks!

Bob S.

Eugene, Oregon

1998 GS400 - Passenger side HID Headlight and Parking light are fogged with apparent condensation on the inside. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and it really annoys me as well as the thought of reduced night vision.

One would think that you pop the outer cover, either wipe it out and reseal it, or replace the cover. Not!

Dealer indicates that it's all one big mother unit and all but bulb must be replaced. Quote of $850+ including labor. This is only for the right side!

Any comments, suggestions, or do I either live with it or bite the bullet. Thanks!

Bob S.

Eugene, Oregon

Try using a blow dryer on it and see if it evaperates the water on the inside then figure out a way to seal the leak so it doesn't happen again

Bob S.

Eugene, Oregon

Try using a blow dryer on it and see if it evaperates the water on the inside then figure out a way to seal the leak so it doesn't happen again

Thanks! That thought crossed my mind but was concerned that lens might crack. Think I'll let my wife do it. She handles those contraptions better then I do.

• 3 months later...

so did you get your sealed? my 430's right headlight has condensation in it also!

i will welcome myself back to the forum as im woo hooooooooo im finally unsuspended! hahaha!

brian