New 400h Owner

Just bought a 2008 Rx400h.

I really wanted 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee Srt8, but after consideration figured the hybrid would be a better choice overall. No brainer when you compare 11 mpg vs. 26+ with the Lex. Great time to buy an 08 with the new models coming out, dealer took off approx. 10K off list price so it made the decision pretty easy.

Black on black with brown walnut interior, also had the dealer install tvs in the headrest for my son (highly recommend if you have children).

considering black/chrome rims but kinda like the stock 18 inch rims (wish I read about the problem with the good year tires, ooh well...)

While not as fast as the Jeep, (RX400h 0-60 MPH in 6.7 seconds) the RX will undoubtedly be much more reliable. And with Chrysler on the brink of being dissolved, you are much better off with the RX in the long run.

Congrats and welcome to the green crowd.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi Lexus Owners....

We are now the proud owners of a brand new Pearl White 2008 RX400h :D which we picked up from the dealer a couple of weekends ago. Came to know of this forum yesterday. Found this trail of posts to announce new owners. We were shopping around for a 10RX and the dealer told us about a couple of 2008 hybrids that he had on his lot. We jumped at the offer because frankly I loved the current shape of the RX as opposed to the new one and the hybrid drove much better than the 10 RX with better mileage. Besides I found the handling on the current RX much better than the 10 RX. Besides.....it is a HYBRID.

I think this forum offers some great tips and pointers and I am already finding some great posts.

Regards - Sandy

post-94571-1243182412_thumb.jpg