Replacement Key And Remote

RyanOfSoCal

Hi,

I lost my 2006 GX 470 key over the weekend and the local dealer said it will cost $290 for the key/remote and another $53 to program/cut. Does anyone know a better way? I still have one key and the key PIN.

Thank you,

Ryan

go to www.lexus-parts.com and buy them.Sewell lexus parts 1 888 909 6633

I paid 180 (they cut them too) and the dealer charged me 38 for programming them..so I paid a total of 218.

and today they have 15% off..

Or you can try ebay, its a lot cheaper there. You will need to find a specialty shop to cut the key for you for maybe $20. If you have 1 key, there is a way to program yourself. I dont have the procedure, or you can get the dealer to program it for you.

Try looking on E-Bay.They will tell you what years and models can be programmed by you and will give you the instructions to program the key,but you need an original key to program.You will have to check the locksmiths in your area and find one that can cut your key.the programming instructions are very simple.

Thank you everyone.

None of the locksmiths around my area can cut Lexus key and none of the dealers around my area will cut a key not sold by them because they said after market keys are made with softer metal than Lexus key so they don't recommend therefore won't do it.

I will contact lexus-parts.com

Thanks again.

Thank you everyone.

None of the locksmiths around my area can cut Lexus key and none of the dealers around my area will cut a key not sold by them because they said after market keys are made with softer metal than Lexus key so they don't recommend therefore won't do it.

I will contact lexus-parts.com

Thanks again.

I faced the same situation. I already order the key form ebay. I can't get it cut anywhere. Sucks.

I lost my 2006 GX 470 key over the weekend and the local dealer said it will cost $290 for the key/remote and another $53 to program/cut. Does anyone know a better way? I still have one key and the key PIN.

I bought a master key for my 2004 GX470 from SpareCarKeys.com: http://www.sparecarkeys.com

Their phone number is: 866-350-4199

The cost for the master key: $120 + $6 shipping

There is a possibility that you may need to have Lexus program it. My dealer charged $25. They will send you directions to do it yourself. But, it didn't work for me.

The key is as good as a new one from Lexus except it doesn't have the gold plating "L" on the outside.

The key came in yesterday. I was able to lock/unlock the door with it but I didn't have time to try the programming steps. I'll try today and update.

The total was $160 with shipping and cutting. Plus it has the gold L on the back.

BTW - I just realize the 1.pdf file I uploaded was provided by schan1w earlier on this thread...I searched around so much regarding this issue that forgot where I got the info.

Ryan

• 3 years later...