Where To Buy A Performance Monitor?

LexusPartsOnline has one for $299.95.

I have a bunch of questions:

Is this the thing I need to generate the codes I've seen mentioned here?

Will my 1999 GS300 have the appropriate connection port to support this item?

Is this what I should expect to pay for one? Does someone sell a comparable one at a better price?

How finely can this thing troubleshoot (e.g., will it be able to tell me that a particular spark plug needs to be changed, or that the starter / thermostat / water temp sensor / oxygen sensor etc. is about to fail)? In other words, are there parts it cannot get data on/from?

thanks!

ACTRon 9135 or ACTRON 9175 yu can get them on Ebay

Harbor freight tools has a scanner for $89 that is complient with all cars from 96 to the present. I assume you are talking about a OBII scanner.

ACTRon 9135 or ACTRON 9175 yu can get them on Ebay

Harbor freight tools has a scanner for $89 that is complient with all cars from 96 to the present. I assume you are talking about a OBII scanner.

I'm not sure. I am a total newbie on this subject. What is "OBII"?

What about the ability to troubleshoot down to the spark plug level? Can this be done?

thanks!

harbor freights OBD II SCANNERis like most of the stuff they sell, a cheap pos! remember you get what you pay for! but in the way this guys talking and him in fact admitting he doesnt know much about this. the harbor frieght tool might just be all he has need for! hell i dont even use my damn snap on mt2500 very often maybe i'll ebay it soon!