Check Engine Light

PDT

I recently purchased an 01 LS430. It just rolled over 100,000 miles and the check engine light came on. I called the Toyota dealership and they said it's probably emmission related since the car is driving perfect. Is this typically the oxygen sensors for a car with 100K miles. Thanks.

I recently purchased an 01 LS430. It just rolled over 100,000 miles and the check engine light came on. I called the Toyota dealership and they said it's probably emmission related since the car is driving perfect. Is this typically the oxygen sensors for a car with 100K miles. Thanks.

Just go to autozone and have them pull the code for you. Its free. Post the code here, or even just google it and you'll probably find your answer. It could be an o2 sensor... or loose gas cap, or bad cat, or.... there isn't really a guessing game here the OBDII diagnostic tool will pull a specific code that specifies a specific problem... the dealer will probably charge you an arm and a leg just to find out what the issue is but you can easily get that done for free.

Do I remember correctly that some manufacturers make the CEL come on once a certain mileage has been hit, regardless if something is wrong?

Hi:

Most likely is O2 sensor short bank 1 sensor 1. If you have it read it should be an easy fix once you make sure there lies the problem. You could also put some emission test passer that cleans the whole system and see what happens, but most likely is the sensor. It happened to mine at 74,000, the dealer said is pretty common you replace it and never hear of it again most likely.

CPR

Hi:

Most likely is O2 sensor short bank 1 sensor 1. If you have it read it should be an easy fix once you make sure there lies the problem. You could also put some emission test passer that cleans the whole system and see what happens, but most likely is the sensor. It happened to mine at 74,000, the dealer said is pretty common you replace it and never hear of it again most likely.

CPR

i had my cel light come on at 145,000 and it was an 02 sensor, i replaced one, then the light came on a few months later, replaced another one, few months later, again another one, i have only one left to go, passenger side rear, i have a 92 and when the third one went out it threw code 25 which was a air-fuel lean malfunction problem