Navigation Dvd Upgraded Now Im Lost :-(

JRenegade13

I have a 2001 LX470 with the navigation running on ver 1.0 I wanted to upgrade this since its from 2001. I purchased ver 3.1 After inserting the DVD the system began to update. 2 minutes later the map popped up and everything seemed ok. Today I realized that when I click on destination, the address function is not highlighted, along with the other functions that are in the destination option. Otherwise it seems to be showing the location of the vehicle. I tried putting back the old ver 1, but it says disc error. Any one have any suggestions?

Called a friend of mine that works for Lexus. He told me to try to restore to Ver 1 by ejecting the dvd, removing the neg terminal of battery for 90 sec. Then putting ver 1 in. Did that and still Ver 1 reads as Disc error. I put ver 3.1 back in and took it for a ride. Miraculously I am able to input an address. I dont know what I did, but it all started working. :D