Brake Rotors

Tenkisan

Hi there, I don't post much here but I have read many topics. I have a '92 JDM Soarer 2.5L TT and I want to upgrade the brakes. I tried to purchase a set of Drilled and Slotted rotors from a company called iRotors but they ended up the wrong size. It was then that I learned that the JDM Soarer brake rotors are quite a bit larger than the US SC300 Lexus. Since I'm currently in Japan, I don't have luxury of zipping down to the local shop and asking them rotor size questions. Language barriers. Are the JDM Soarer rotors EXACTLY the same size as the US spec Turbo Supra? Also, If I was to find a Supra in the junk yard with brake calipers on it, would they bolt on directly to my car or would I need some adaptors?

Thanks for your input in advance

Rick McCarthy

Hi Rick,

Due to the overall similarity in the vehicles - jza80 and jzz30, I would be extremely surprised if the parts did not bolt right up. I used Centric brand (Sumitomo) cross slotted rotors and Supra TT OEM (Sumitomo) calipers up front on my jzz31. They should bolt right up on existing mounts.

I think the SC400 have bigger Brake rotors than the 300's, you could've gotten that. And on your question about Calipers, the TT Calipers are massive. They will bolt on, but you need rims that will clear the massive calipers. You need atleast 18" rims to fit those calipers or rims designed to fit over them, and you may even need to shave the Calipers.

So the SC300 brake rotors dont work... thats 235.00 down the drain. Thats of course when the damn things get here. I ordered mine from National Fleet Parts. I wouldnt recommend for overseas unless you have alot of time on your hands since they have to special order them or make them or whatever.... Where in Japan are you Tenkisan? If youre on Okinawa then i can show you a few shops that are pretty good but bring the COLA cause it costs a bit more.

I'm in Yokota AB, and sinking money into my baby as fast as I can before I PCS to Australia!! I just installed a set of leather seats in it this weekend. SWEEEEET!! Sorry to hear about the rotor purchase. I guess I was a little too late for you guy. Sorry about that. The stock SC300 rotors are smaller than the JDM Soarer 2.5 TT. I still haven't received an answer from iRotors.com about the Supra TT JZA80 size rotors. I'd really like to see that on my baby as well as the calipers. I have a set of 18" Volk Racing Challenger II series rims and they have plenty of clearance from the stock rotors. I believe that these rims will work with a set of Supra Calipers.