Will Not Start

buddyman24

I ran a code on my 93 ls400. It said that the problem was the mas. I bought a new one. It did the same thing. I thought that it might help if I disconnected the battery to re-program the computer. I did and it has not started since. It acts like it is going to start but will not. Anybody got any ideas?

I ran a code on my 93 ls400. It said that the problem was the mas. I bought a new one. It did the same thing. I thought that it might help if I disconnected the battery to re-program the computer. I did and it has not started since. It acts like it is going to start but will not. Anybody got any ideas?

Sorry my ideas are only coming form my Muscle car knowledge, mainly Mustang's -- I have just purchased my first lexus.

But as for MAS, does that by any change stand for Mass Air Sensor. I wouldn't imagine it would because that was old technology in the mid/late 80's for 5.0 Foxbody's. Anyhow --

No wait that is the Modulated Air Suspension,.. hrmm..

The only idea that popped in my mind for the code would be to pull your 20amp EFI fuse for 30 seconds, with ignition off.

That resets your computer/codes, without resetting clocks/settings and whatnot. But it doesn't sound like the status of the code message is your main problem here.

Just to be clear -- will the car not start, or just your Suspension not operate properly?

If the engine won't turn over for any length of time it makes it hard to generate any codes.

I'm of no use to you anyway ;) -- I'm sorry, I have a ways to go before my terminolgy can be of assistance to the technical users of this brand of car. Though maybe I am the only one, but it might help to verify if it is your suspension having problems, or the car/engine itself not running and a MAS error code is showing up (and thats the only reported code)

Good luck,

I don't know if it'll make a difference but I think it's an MAF.... maybe the MAS is a slightly different sensor or something??

Is the new sensor hooked up properly? Did you get a Lexus specific sensor or some generic universal one?

( I'm just trying to throw some ideas around! ) :blushing: