People With '02+ Es300 W/ 5spds

I have a 2002 Es300. It has a 5 speed trans. IF I put the gear selector in D it never shifts out of 4th gear. If i put it in 4 and drive it stays in 4 and manually shifting into D does nothing. The car revs at about 3200 rpms 60 Mph and 3600 at 80 MPH.

I know this is to high and I'm pretty sure it's not going into Overdrive.

Anyone know anyhting about this? Am i missing a switch?

Good question? Whats the factory powertrain warrantys? Mine is a 2002 with 26,000 miles on it. I will have to find out the purchase date.

Powertrain is 6 years or 70k miles......get the in service date. Awefully low mileage to have a tranny with an overdrive problem.

:cheers:

• 2 months later...
I'm having the same problem. In "D" it never makes it out of 4th gear. Definitely over 3000 RPM at 70 MPH. Did you resolve it?

-Matt Shanley

(New User)

Welcome Matt......what is your mileage currently & if below 70k miles do you know if it falls under the 6 year/70k powertrain warranty?

:cheers:

It has... wait for it.... less than 20k miles!!! We just bought it from my wife's Grandmother who can no longer drive. I don't know, however, if it's past the six years. If it's not we are just under the wire. I should point out that when I move the shifter from park to drive, 4th gear lights up. If I move it to 4th and back it still says 4th. If I move it to 3rd 2nd 1st the instrument panel reflects the changes. Basically the car can not tell the difference between the shifter in 4th or drive positions.

-Matt