Climate Control

:pirate: I bought my 2007 last summer and have not had much of a chance to play with the climate control. Can somebody explain to me how the heating works? I normally set it on Auto. That turns the air conditioning on so I turn it off and turn the temperature up to heat. And I set it to re-cerculate. Is that all there is to it?

It's more of a personal preference as to whether you want to use the Auto setting or not during the cold weather as some people don't like the heat/air-con split (more to the point, many don't like having cold air blown on their face however this does have it's reasons).

Other than that, you may find that without the airconditioning and with the air on recirculate, your windows will fog up because if you recirculate the air in the car the air will eventually get thicker and thicker (as you exhale) and as a result start fogging up your windows. If you use recirculate and the aircon then this isn't a problem as the airconditioner dehumidifies the air (hence the trail of water your car leaves).

I leave min on auto all the time and just set the temp. It will switch from recirc to outside air as it is able. It will also change the location of where the air blows as needed. The inside temp probe and the sun sensor will pretty well regulate things.

I leave min on auto all the time and just set the temp. It will switch from recirc to outside air as it is able. It will also change the location of where the air blows as needed. The inside temp probe and the sun sensor will pretty well regulate things.

The fact that the screen shows "A/C" as being on does not mean the car is cooling. The A/C has a dehumidifier, so if there is moisture in the car, even if the temp is set to 80, the A/C will help remove the moisture.

You press Auto, you set the temp to the proper temp to heat, and it will heat.

It's more of a personal preference as to whether you want to use the Auto setting or not during the cold weather as some people don't like the heat/air-con split (more to the point, many don't like having cold air blown on their face however this does have it's reasons).

Other than that, you may find that without the airconditioning and with the air on recirculate, your windows will fog up because if you recirculate the air in the car the air will eventually get thicker and thicker (as you exhale) and as a result start fogging up your windows. If you use recirculate and the aircon then this isn't a problem as the airconditioner dehumidifies the air (hence the trail of water your car leaves).

i leave the system on auto all the time. i dont get cold air in my face. i get warm air. it is quite annoying.

in other cars the upper air is cooler than the lower air. here it seems they are the same. is this normal?

to keep at a temperature comfortable for my face, my feet are usually cold.