Burned Out "d" Bulb Console

JIrvine

Hi...I have read the several threads on replacing the "D" bulb in the RX300 and people mention that you need to unscrew the two top screw in the console with small philips screw driver...that part I understand, but what are you using to pry out the two pieces of dash that need to come out in order to finish the operation? I have looked at using a flat head, but it looks to me like I would damage my dash in the process. Does any one have any ideas? I am talking about the right side piece of trim around the key lock and the trim around the mirror and seat memory switches. Is there a special tool that is required to do this? Any help or advice would be appreciated...thanks...

Hi...I have read the several threads on replacing the "D" bulb in the RX300 and people mention that you need to unscrew the two top screw in the console with small philips screw driver...that part I understand, but what are you using to pry out the two pieces of dash that need to come out in order to finish the operation? I have looked at using a flat head, but it looks to me like I would damage my dash in the process. Does any one have any ideas? I am talking about the right side piece of trim around the key lock and the trim around the mirror and seat memory switches. Is there a special tool that is required to do this? Any help or advice would be appreciated...thanks...

Please read previous thread with a link, instructions with step-step pics are posted and are very much appreciated. I preformed the R&R in about 20 min. and added a few simple notes. Hint: you don't need to disconnect the wires from the cluster, the "D: is green = second in position, you don't need to take the white cover off.

mark.blend