Y-pipe And Exhaust

brosnibean

from a hp perspective, does it make sense to put a y-pipe and exhaust on the car if I am not swapping out the headers? i have a ram air intake on the car, the plan being down the road for headers and a supercharger once finances fall into place (and the wife goes out of town)...but for now, the real question is a y-pipe and exhaust worth it without swapping out the headers?

I don't think theres anything in the Y pipe, but there is about 6-10 hp in the exhaust. A cat back system alone is good for that. And then you can do the header later. They have the catalyst system on it now, so a header helps the flow quite a bit.

I don't think theres anything in the Y pipe, but there is about 6-10 hp in the exhaust. A cat back system alone is good for that. And then you can do the header later. They have the catalyst system on it now, so a header helps the flow quite a bit.

i have decided to go with mazurri super header and y pipe system and tanabe medallion touring cat back exhaust....i've read it before, said it before, and will say it again, smooth is the man! the dopification of my ride begins this weekend, and i feel like a little kid on christmas eve, just waiting to open presents!!!!!!

brosnibean

congrats. i'm looking foward to seeing how much hp you'll be getting out of this set up because i've asked a lot of questions about these two parts in the past. does anyone know of any other minor mods, besides an intake, that might help increase the hp after the headers and exhaust system are put on? i'm sure brosnibean might want to know, and myself of course.