Is There A Way To Bypass The Governor

i have a 2001 gs430 and i wondered if there is someway to cutt off the governor? i dont drag raceor anything but i was messing around with a few friends on the interstae and got embarrssed by a 2000 prelude and a 2000 gs300! mine cutts on at 120 on the dot

I forgot to say... I have an accord with a h22 Engine.. (prelude)... n its very fast.. so dont fell dumb.. That is a fast engine.. with the heavy weight of the gs.. there is no way you can beat a prelude.. unless u turbo it of course..

omfg u gotta be kidding me.........i came from a 1993 turboed b18b delsol, a 1993 b16a3 nitrous delsol, a 1993 h22a powered delsol, a 1993 d16z6 sohc vtec turbo hatch, a 2001 hatch h22a automatic turbo, that prelude makes like a 100 hp less than i do...he still shouldnt be able to just get up and walk off on me! SHOULDNT HAPPEN, nor should a gs300 fly past my gs430 and i have a gov cutt on at 120 and he's still going WELL into the 130-150's

Well.. Its true that your 430 pushes more hp and Tq.. But.. Then we are now talking about weight and other factors.. Even if your car has more hp and tq. prelude = 2954 curb weight... Gs300 = 3600 curb weight.. ur gs430 = 3,707.. How about wheel size.. 16. 17, 18 inch makes a huge diff.. Many factors.. Hey.. u might not even know how to drive it.. now that matters alot..

it does that for a reason.. the 400 is heavier and a lil diff body style than the 300... So if you go more than 120 there is a great chance that you will lose control and crash..

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? The limiter is related to the tires installed at the factory, unless I am mistaken. And the 400 body style is the same as the 300.

You might lose control. I wouldn't.

No Prelude has ever gotten past me. In fact I beat them like a rented mule.

it does that for a reason.. the 400 is heavier and a lil diff body style than the 300... So if you go more than 120 there is a great chance that you will lose control and crash..

300/400 = Same body, The limiter is mapped into the ECU, If you lose control @ 120 it is driver error, These cars will go 140 all day long B)

are all of u morons? I'm not losing control at 120 my f-cking governor is kicking in preventing me from getting to 140! again the topic is a way to bypass or cut off the governor not how much the f-cking prelude weighs or what not! so CAN ANY0ONE EVEN ANSWER MY ? ty dcfish, the limiter is built into the computer or ecu not dependent on the tire size srk! now my ? is do any of the 3 of u have a gs430 or just the gs300? because I'm thinking the governor cut on in the 300 is different! since everyone has a opinion on my damn driving can anyone even answer what I'm asking?

are all of u morons? I'm not losing control at 120 my f-cking governor is kicking in preventing me from getting to 140! again the topic is a way to bypass or cut off the governor not how much the f-cking prelude weighs or what not! so CAN ANY0ONE EVEN ANSWER MY ? ty dcfish, the limiter is built into the computer or ecu not dependent on the tire size srk! now my ? is do any of the 3 of u have a gs430 or just the gs300? because I'm thinking the governor cut on in the 300 is different! since everyone has a opinion on my damn driving can anyone even answer what I'm asking?

http://www.supercarsite.net/lexus/gs-430/2001 Your top speed should be 155.3 MPH according to this info. Has your car been modded at all?

All you guys are hating on the original poster. Post something and respond only if you know what your talking about, don't try to be cocky and try to put the man down as if he didnt know what to drive. Even if his driving skills werent good (which I doubt) he should be able to go faster than 120mph.

If he doesnt know how to handle it, he will just run into a wall at a faster speed right?

I certainly do not enjoy being called a moron. I am spending my time on this thread to help.

All you guys are hating on the original poster. Post something and respond only if you know what your talking about, don't try to be cocky and try to put the man down as if he didnt know what to drive. Even if his driving skills werent good (which I doubt) he should be able to go faster than 120mph.

If he doesnt know how to handle it, he will just run into a wall at a faster speed right?

Dcfish has nearly 6000 ( that's six thousand!) and I am closing in on 1000 posts. We've helped a lot of people over the years, and been helped too. You have 9 (nine) posts and you want to tell us how to respond? I don't think so newbie.

Show some respect, and you'll find this board a better resource than just about any other on these cars.

By the way proper grammar is "you're" and not "your" in the context of your post.

Dcfish has nearly 6000 ( that's six thousand!) and I am closing in on 1000 posts. We've helped a lot of people over the years, and been helped too. You have 9 (nine) posts and you want to tell us how to respond? I don't think so newbie.

Show some respect, and you'll find this board a better resource than just about any other on these cars.

By the way proper grammar is "you're" and not "your" in the context of your post.

I second that :cheers:

i almost knew when i said i got beaten by another lexus this thred would open war guess i shoulda kept my mouth shut! lol

again !Removed! u srk! the post is about if i can or cannot bypass a god damn governor it has NOTHING to do with if i can drive or not. and yeah im gonna drive to cali to show some a-hole i can drive! grow up! dcfish i wasnt harping at you im just saying up until today noone had even bothered to say anything useful just about how i couldnt drive!!!!!! and again srk f u! i dont care about grammer on the freaking internet! only mods to date on the care are my yellow top optima, and a k& n air filter and i read the post dcfish ty for the info but im telling you the governor IS kicking on at 120 on my car and im befuddled if your ever in this hellhole city i call home (memphis) give me a holler i'll take you for a ride and show you!! also btw ty krazy lexus owner! oh last thing im gonna even bother mentioning to you srk who care sabout how many posts you have dont tell anyone to be respectful until you are, so just cause you got a million posts and are being a *BLEEP* doesnt mean ANYONE should respect you! dont forget you were once a newbie too! i respect people who have earned my respect not just cause they been around for awhile! oh and as far as speed is concerned i been 186 on my 2005 gsxr 1000 with the governor bypassed! so speed isnt my goal here its just to be able to go faster than 120! thanks :glare::mellow:

i almost knew when i said i got beaten by another lexus this thred would open war guess i shoulda kept my mouth shut! lol

again !Removed! u srk! the post is about if i can or cannot bypass a god damn governor it has NOTHING to do with if i can drive or not. and yeah im gonna drive to cali to show some a-hole i can drive! grow up! dcfish i wasnt harping at you im just saying up until today noone had even bothered to say anything useful just about how i couldnt drive!!!!!! and again srk f u! i dont care about grammer on the freaking internet! only mods to date on the care are my yellow top optima, and a k& n air filter and i read the post dcfish ty for the info but im telling you the governor IS kicking on at 120 on my car and im befuddled if your ever in this hellhole city i call home (memphis) give me a holler i'll take you for a ride and show you!! also btw ty krazy lexus owner! oh last thing im gonna even bother mentioning to you srk who care sabout how many posts you have dont tell anyone to be respectful until you are, so just cause you got a million posts and are being a *BLEEP* doesnt mean ANYONE should respect you! dont forget you were once a newbie too! i respect people who have earned my respect not just cause they been around for awhile! oh and as far as speed is concerned i been 186 on my 2005 gsxr 1000 with the governor bypassed! so speed isnt my goal here its just to be able to go faster than 120! thanks :glare::mellow:

Very disrespectful, Goodbye :chairshot:

I thought I made it clear 2 u that I wasnt being disrespectful 2 u? Guess not sorry man 2 u I wasnt trying 2 b! But what's respectful bout people telling me I can't drive? Going 120+ has NOTHING 2 do with driving I could put a brick on the accelerator n if it didn't hit nething the governor WOULD STILL cut on @ 120! So all I got was criticism bout how I couldn't drive n almost none of the replys had NETHING 2 do with my posted topic! So if u still think I'm being disrespectful 2 u sorry but I'm not, n oh well after me telling u I'm not!

If the car came with just touring tires and not Z rated or better tires, then Lexus would have set a limiter at 120. You'll have to get better tires and then get the limiter reset.