Interior Noise(s) - Oh The Annoyance - Check The Glove Box.

So I had been having the interior noises in my 2006 IS350. To me they sounded like they were coming from the dash or the center console.

The tech drove with me at the request of the service advisor.... the tech in the drive heard the noises but wasn't able to diagnose it. The kept the car and the next day I was told that it was diagnosed to be the seat belt housing on driver side. The insulated some parts inside and returned the car to me. At which point I was wondering whether anything was really done or not as I had never heard a noise from the seatbelt area.

Regardless, the noise I was hearing was still there so I returned to the dealer - the tech drove with me again (same guy). This time we went for a longer drive...my usual commute in Houston, TX on the Beltway 8. THe tech this time didn't sit still...he was actively looking for the source. He found it to be from inside the glove box - there is a plate at the top which was loose or not properly insulated. I got the car back the same day and so far I have not heard the noise.

So for any of you for whom the noise is not part of the few TSIB's out there...have your tech look in the glove box towards the top.

Good luck.

I'm still wondering that at $44K whether a Lexus should be prone to such nuances.

But on the other hand.....i'm in love with my IS.

Danish.

So I had been having the interior noises in my 2006 IS350. To me they sounded like they were coming from the dash or the center console.

The tech drove with me at the request of the service advisor.... the tech in the drive heard the noises but wasn't able to diagnose it. The kept the car and the next day I was told that it was diagnosed to be the seat belt housing on driver side. The insulated some parts inside and returned the car to me. At which point I was wondering whether anything was really done or not as I had never heard a noise from the seatbelt area.

Regardless, the noise I was hearing was still there so I returned to the dealer - the tech drove with me again (same guy). This time we went for a longer drive...my usual commute in Houston, TX on the Beltway 8. THe tech this time didn't sit still...he was actively looking for the source. He found it to be from inside the glove box - there is a plate at the top which was loose or not properly insulated. I got the car back the same day and so far I have not heard the noise.

So for any of you for whom the noise is not part of the few TSIB's out there...have your tech look in the glove box towards the top.

Good luck.

I'm still wondering that at $44K whether a Lexus should be prone to such nuances.

Danish.

Well, my friend works at a Bay area Lexus dealer and he said:

-The rattles are the #1 complaint from owners about the IS250/350.

-The techs give feedback to Toyota, and their #1 complaint to them was the rattles in the IS line, and Toyota "didn't seem to care". (quoting)

Good luck.

Danish.

Are you referring to the little shelf for the owners manual? It's just popped into two slots and you have to remove it to get to the A/C filter.

Not the little plastic shelf for the owners manual which fits in on 2 ends (bottom and right). If you look directly above it there is a plastic plate/covering - i was told that was insulated and since then the noise went away.

So this was just done....now today I notice a new sound ...vibration (zzzz....) and a clicking sound coming from the driver side door or where the tweeter is located.

AKK, I would agree with the noise issue as thats also my #1 and only complaint/grievance....other than that there is not a thing about the car that i dont love.

Cheers fellas,

Danish.

That's nothing... That's hardly enough to get you a base IS250 with nothing.... Like 16" wheels :|

On another note, i think the IS is prone to rattles because of the quiet interior. Every sound made inside the car seems "amplified" like rubbing your hands over the steering wheel.

Although the rattles do seem a bit out of place as the locally (AU) built Mistubishi 380 (driven for a week interstate) was rattle free and relatively quiet inside.

Not the little plastic shelf for the owners manual which fits in on 2 ends (bottom and right). If you look directly above it there is a plastic plate/covering - i was told that was insulated and since then the noise went away.

So this was just done....now today I notice a new sound ...vibration (zzzz....) and a clicking sound coming from the driver side door or where the tweeter is located.

AKK, I would agree with the noise issue as thats also my #1 and only complaint/grievance....other than that there is not a thing about the car that i dont love.

Cheers fellas,

Danish.

The noise is my only pet peeve with this vehicle and it really annoys me.. For the "rattle" noise at the door. ask them to "Lube the door seals" That seams to have worked for me for 3000 miles - now it needs to be done again - same goes for the sunroof.