Which Oil Would Be Better? Synthetic Or Conventional?

i have a 96 lexus es300 with 150,000 miles i was wondering which oil would be best, if it would make a difference and if it did what would be the difference. I work for a car dealership, they used to put in synthetic but i guess this time they didnt (i figured what i did last time was saved in the computer) the operations manager stated it would make no difference so i was just wondering. He said that also puting in synthetic into an older high miled car would open up more leaks due to it cleaning up, (if say there was already an oil leak with the conventional oil and over time it stopped because of the oil being built up)

i have a 96 lexus es300 with 150,000 miles i was wondering which oil would be best, if it would make a difference and if it did what would be the difference. I work for a car dealership, they used to put in synthetic but i guess this time they didnt (i figured what i did last time was saved in the computer) the operations manager stated it would make no difference so i was just wondering. He said that also puting in synthetic into an older high miled car would open up more leaks due to it cleaning up, (if say there was already an oil leak with the conventional oil and over time it stopped because of the oil being built up)

synthetic also has twice the life of conventional motor oil. I've always run synthetic if possible, but often times with over 100k + miles it is going to leak much more than conventional oil. I've seen a few comparison tests online that showed the difference in wear by using synthetic instead of conventional, so i was convinced by that.

synthetic also has twice the life of conventional motor oil. I've always run synthetic if possible, but often times with over 100k + miles it is going to leak much more than conventional oil. I've seen a few comparison tests online that showed the difference in wear by using synthetic instead of conventional, so i was convinced by that.

I would not go that far. It has to do with many variables. If you have leaks you have issues with motor cleanliness, not oil.

To close, I trust my own personal UOA and nothing online or on forums. Too much BS from people pimping products they sell/invent. People should do their own UOA and then see how the oil reacts/protects/longevity in their own car, and not someone else. Using somone else data in todays engines is a long shot you will not win.

what about Synthetic blend?

I used castrol Synthetic blend 5W30 with 300,500 miles.

Hope that helps.

Anything will work if you change it soon enough, driving habits...... Again people need to go by what works for them. I could use Walmart oil for $1.50 a qt and work fine. But it is when you start testing you can clearly see the diff and what you can get and do with it.