My Radar Detector (stock Lexus)

MikeMiel

My radar detector (the one lexus put with the knob under the drivers seat) just stopped working after I replaced my alternator. What should I check? wheres the fuse, wheres the WHOLE UNIT??? I have no idea where to check for the problem. Please help, thanks in advance, -mike

My radar detector (the one lexus put with the knob under the drivers seat) just stopped working after I replaced my alternator. What should I check? wheres the fuse, wheres the WHOLE UNIT??? I have no idea where to check for the problem. Please help, thanks in advance, -mike

Lexus never put a radar detector in there cars, It's aftermarket if there is one :blink::huh: :whistles:

Lexus never put a radar detector in there cars, It's aftermarket if there is one :blink::huh: :whistles:

false, it was put under there as a promotion from lexus to sell the cars, so it is from lexus, but a different company.

Lexus never put a radar detector in there cars, It's aftermarket if there is one :blink::huh::whistles:

false, it was put under there as a promotion from lexus to sell the cars, so it is from lexus, but a different company.

Like I said, It's aftermarket ;)

Lexus never put a radar detector in there cars, It's aftermarket if there is one :blink::huh::whistles:

ok smartman, thats why they installed it before it was sold to the public. If i installed it myself, then it's aftermarket. Is the pioneer speakers aftermarket? NO, but according to u they are.

ok smartman, thats why they installed it before it was sold to the public. If i installed it myself, then it's aftermarket. Is the pioneer speakers aftermarket? NO, but according to u they are.

Promotion, It was never offered as an option from the factory :whistles:

Promotion, It was never offered as an option from the factory :whistles:

i don't care, but for those who got the "promotion," any tips on what to do>?

While I am new to this forum, I am not new to forums of this nature.

That stated, it has been my experience (looking in from the outside of the thread) that one should never start *BLEEP*ing off a forum member if that individual actually wants help for their problem. :chairshot:

I do not know the answer you seek, but I do wish you the best of luck.

OK, What year SC? Where was it originally purchased ? You can always ask a dealer to run the vin# and find out every detail on the promotion to see who mfg's the detector. Was the alternator serviced at a Lexus Dealer ? Have you looked to see if there are any loose/disconnected wires ? The more info supplied on this subject the better your chances are to remedy the problem. :cheers:

OK, What year SC? Where was it originally purchased ? You can always ask a dealer to run the vin# and find out every detail on the promotion to see who mfg's the detector. Was the alternator serviced at a Lexus Dealer ? Have you looked to see if there are any loose/disconnected wires ? The more info supplied on this subject the better your chances are to remedy the problem.:cheers:

The only thing i want to know is where the radar boxes are located??, I changed the alternator myself.

OK, What year SC? Where was it originally purchased ? You can always ask a dealer to run the vin# and find out every detail on the promotion to see who mfg's the detector. Was the alternator serviced at a Lexus Dealer ? Have you looked to see if there are any loose/disconnected wires ? The more info supplied on this subject the better your chances are to remedy the problem.:cheers:

The only thing i want to know is where the radar boxes are located??, I changed the alternator myself.

Call a lexus dealer and ask them, They should know. If they run your vin# they will be able to find out about the promotion and therefore find the location of the detector. Your best bet :cheers: Just want to get you through this ;)

Detector section of ANY radar detector needs a clear view of the road. If there is nothing looking through the front windshield, then a remote detector section likely got put behind the grill and in front of the radiator. Part under front seat is likely power unit and annunciator with a volume control. Fuse could be inline on a wire feeding power to unit under seat or part of some other fuse in the car, a circuit that goes off when the key is removed. Start tracing wires by hand to see where they come from and go to.

• 1 month later...

Detector section of ANY radar detector needs a clear view of the road. If there is nothing looking through the front windshield, then a remote detector section likely got put behind the grill and in front of the radiator. Part under front seat is likely power unit and annunciator with a volume control. Fuse could be inline on a wire feeding power to unit under seat or part of some other fuse in the car, a circuit that goes off when the key is removed. Start tracing wires by hand to see where they come from and go to.

Thank You, i found out the problem, it was the fuse located next to the fuses next to the drivers seat.