Radio/dvd Failure

vetteman

2001 Lexus LX-470

One speaker in back, forget which side, starting making scratching/popping noises.

Using Fade/side controls at radio, ignored the problem hoping I could sometime open the panel and check the speaker.

Then, radio/dvd all went out with no sound whatsoever

Then, very, very loud static/popping/cracking sound from speaker system mostly at startup for about 3 minutes but then randomly later when driven.

Took to dealer, said amplifier was probably the issue.

$850 for new amp and then they could further analyze.

Getting varying/suspect quotes from aftermarket installers that require new amp, new wiring, and even new radio/dvd.

Any and all ideas appreciated..

2001 Lexus LX-470

One speaker in back, forget which side, starting making scratching/popping noises.

Using Fade/side controls at radio, ignored the problem hoping I could sometime open the panel and check the speaker.

Then, very, very loud static/popping/cracking sound from speaker system mostly at startup for about 3 minutes but then randomly later when driven.

Getting varying/suspect quotes from aftermarket installers that require new amp, new wiring, and even new radio/dvd.

I'll see if I have an amp for you, If I do it will be alot less expensive than $850

2001 Lexus LX-470

vetteman, Check your messages. I have a amp for you. :cheers:

• 4 months later...

2001 Lexus LX-470

$1350.00 for new amp and then they could further analyze.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE LEVINSON AMP REPAIRED?? OR WHERE I CAN BUY ONE THAT IS NOT FROM THE DEALER?

THANKS

2001 Lexus LX-470

$1350.00 for new amp and then they could further analyze.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE LEVINSON AMP REPAIRED?? OR WHERE I CAN BUY ONE THAT IS NOT FROM THE DEALER?

THANKS

I have a ML amp if you are still looking for one.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There were some problems with some early ML amps and were covered under a TSIB. There are several vendors that will service a Lexus unit, but it is good to support a fellow LOC member since the chance to have good customer satisfaction is excellent.