Jump to content



Recommended Posts

New Club Member


I have a 97 Es300 and I am in need of a new Cat Converter since my flex pipe is making loud sound. I went to Midas and they said that entire exhaust is rusted and they can't cut the old flex out and put a new one.

I'm having trouble locating a new aftermarket Cat with the flex pipe for this carr. All internet sites show 2 flex pipes (Y pipes) and only sell Federal emissions cat.

I have 1 flex pipe (Y pipe) the other pipe does not have a flex on it...it is a solid piece. The car was built in 12/1996. I live in New Jersey but I was told that I have a California emissions vehicle by 2 different dealers who checked it against my VIN. My hood had been replaced so I can't confirm this myself.

However, interent sites show a cat with CA emissions with 1 flex for year 1998. My VIN code is "G" . How can I be sure that this Cat Converter for 1998 ES300 will fit my 1997 car?

My last option would be to buy a Cat from the dealer for $1000+

Please help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...