Main/2nd Switch For Use When You Have 2 Sets Of Tires.

TSIB PG001-07 shows a switch for switching the tire pressure warning system between 2 sets of tires ie:summer tires and winter tires. I cannot find this switch on my 07 LS460. Does anybody know where this switch is located? It is not in the glove box as shown in the TSIB. Thanks.

Yes, I checked under the dash. There is a button to recalibrate the tire pressure system and a knob to adjust the volume of the tone you hear when locking the doors but nothing to switch between two sets of tires.

I have that TSIB and it leads me to believe that the switch is already installed. However, Lexus seem to think that it is necessary to keep relocating these things on new models so that we can't find/operate them.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think it is a switch, but a reset. If the summer tires and the winter tires have different pressure requirements, you need to tell the system what the base is when you swith them out so it can monitor for a drop from that new value. I just push it in, and the dash monitor shows the new initialization. Suppose you went form 36# to 33#. If you do not reinitialize, the system might tell you after a 1 or 2 # drop that a tire has malfunctioned. If you initialize down to the 33#, it might have to drop 4 or 5 pounds before you would be alerted. Thus the need for reinitializaiton whenever you physically switch tires. At least that is my interpretation after having replaced two tires prior to 10,000 miles due to sidewall nails. The switch is almost at the edge of the lower dash liner above the gas pedal area. It is further inferior than you might think form the other switches around. I think there is also a turn (not push) button in the area to control the alarm volume. If you push on that one, not much will happen. Don't ask how I know.

I did check the reference a few posts back, and I will check in my own vechicle, but I am not sure you would need two seperate registration systems unless you had 8 grommets involved. Are you in fact keeping 8 sets of rims around, or just switching the summer rubbers for the winter ones, using the same rims, so to speak.

I have 2 complete sets of tires and rims but only one spare therefore I have 9 sensor ID numbers. The reset button you are refering to resets the system but doesn't switch to the second set of tire pressure warning valve/sensor ID numbers. TSIB PG001-07 makes reference to a switch which does this but I can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now found out that the LS460 does not have the main/2nd switch. If you have 2 sets of tires mounted on their own rims (8 tires, 8 rims, 8 sensor ID numbers) then when switching from one set to the other the Lexus dealer has to remove one set of pressure sensor ID numbers from the computer and enter the new ID numbers for the other set of tires and wheels. The sensor number for the spare would remain the same.

The ES350 has the main/2nd switch.

I have now found out that the LS460 does not have the main/2nd switch. If you have 2 sets of tires mounted on their own rims (8 tires, 8 rims, 8 sensor ID numbers) then when switching from one set to the other the Lexus dealer has to remove one set of pressure sensor ID numbers from the computer and enter the new ID numbers for the other set of tires and wheels. The sensor number for the spare would remain the same.

The ES350 has the main/2nd switch.

Can you just go to "Menu \ Setting \ Calibration \ Tires" and do it that way?

There is no such thing in my menu. My local dealer told me that they have to reprogram the computer each time I change wheels. This is about a 1/2 hour job.

• 11 years later...