The New Hyundai Genesis V8 Luxury Sedan.... How Well Will It Compete?

90LS400Lexus

Does anyone know how Hyundai cars are doing in terms of holding their values? I haven't a clue...

About the same or slightly better than the domestics.....Still not up to the Japanese levels however.

:cheers:

I think that for the money, the Genesis will be a good way to go. SMOOTH... I think your link is not loading fully... on the "specs" button, it brings up the cars hp and other engine info- about the 6-speed automatic transmission, etc... then when you click on safety button and it shows that the car has traction control and the latest safety features we were discussing. The Azera starts at $24K, which is a good price for this car! I have seen these cars in person and have found them impressive. Now, I am wondering if Kia will have a version of the Genesis? So far, the Amanti has seemed to have done well, which I think is in line with the Azera as far as price goes. I like the LED front signals on the new Amanti.

All I can say is times have changed. Modern Hyundais are excellent cars. Read some of the new reviews and articles, go drive some of them.

Yeah and another thing about quality is that the car has a 10-year 100K warranty, so hopefully that will help out. I was actually just seeing a Hyundai commerical on TV and they were suggesting to really "test" the car... hit potholes, gun it, etc. lol.

Yeah, I remember in the early 2000s when Toyota was getting huge complaints of cars having squeaks and rattles and that oiling problem. I test drove a 2006 Sonata last year when I was considering a new car. It was a base model, 4-cylinder, automatic, but was nicely optioned. It basically just lacked alloy wheels. I was impressed with the cars quality and its features. As far as fit and finish, I think it was a nice if not nicer than a 2006 Accord or 2006 Camry. I heard no squeaks or rattles and the interior panels fit very nicely and had a nice feel to them. I also liked the nice array of standard safety features and the fact it had a nice IIHS crash test score.

Does anyone know how Hyundai cars are doing in terms of holding their values? I haven't a clue...

I do not think some are holding that well.. I almost purchased a 2006 Sonata base sedan for $18K.... I am seeing them now for $12K. :o Like Lexusfreak said... like the domestics.

Blake... where have you seen info on the freshened 09' Sonata? I have not seen it yet and Hyundais site does not yet feature it. Speaking of new models... I notice a new 2009 Toyota Corolla is in the lineup, but heck, $17K for a XLE (which is a new trim level not offered before on Corolla), you might as well buy a Camry CE for $19K. It looks like a small Camry anyway... which is not a bad thing. I like the Toyota Yaris sedan (dont laugh):) , but that center pod instrument cluster is not a good selling point for me. If not for that, I would buy one.

I have also seen the "all-new" 2009 Acura RL.... still no V8 and still not a large looking car to me. :rolleyes: Whats more, the engine HP is only 300hp, which is good HP, but when you think, that new Hyundai has 368HP, but its a V8 of course. Pathetic that Hyundai has come up with a V8 and a RWD before Honda. Honda needs to get on the ball. :) I was hoping the new Acura RL would offer a V8 engine, RWD and an optional long wheelbase model like Lexus is offering on the LS this year, as well as MOST other luxury makes on the flagship models. If anything, it looks to me like the Acura RL is getting smaller. It looks smaller than a Lexus ES to me.

Here is the link to the new 2009 Acura RL... details limited at this point however..

http://www.acura.com/

click on future vehicles

I'm really lovin' the refreshed '09 Sonata too! That's a great looking car! B)

I am not knocking the quality of Hyundai, or Kia or any car mfgr. for that matter. I know that 36K is not alot for a new car anymore. But I think Hyundai just has image problems for that price range. Will this car solve that? that remains to be seen. But, honestly, if I needed a real work truck, that had to carry heavy loads and go off road, I would buy a Ford, no question. Even though I am a Toyota/Lexus fan, and buyer, Ford has had years to evolve their truck and solve alot of the unforseen issues over the years. Toyota and Nissan are just to new to that market. Which is what I'm refering to to in the Hyundai Genesis. It's gonna take a few years for them to find thier footing.

Blake... where have you seen info on the freshened 09' Sonata? I have not seen it yet and Hyundais site does not yet feature it.
I just typed in 2009 Sonata in Google, and I found a lot of pics and info (but I first saw the '09 in a Car and Driver comparison.). My dad came to visit me this weekend, and he had a Sonata GLS rental. I LOVED it. It was still in great shape eventhough it had 17k miles on it which is way more than I've ever seen on a rental. It is a great car-high quality, smooth ride, very comfortable, and I loved the steering wheel audio controls. And it's a bargin at $19k!

post-1461-1202823951_thumb.jpgpost-1461-1202824796_thumb.jpg