01 Ls 430 Trunk Opener Not Working

jcsmith

Shouldn't the trunk release on the key fob still work with the car on? I've had cars do it in the past, Haven't tried it on my new Lex however. . . When you pull the trunk release switch inside can you hear the click of it trying to open or does it just not do anything?

Is there any warranty left on the vehicle??

can you open the fuel filler door? You (or someone) may have inadvertently hit the lockout button between the two buttons. Try inserting a key into the keyhole and turning; it might unlock the lockout and bring the release back to life.

i can still open my trunk with the key fob so im gessing its just the swith inside the car, is this a easy fix please help im getting tired of having to turn off the car to open it with the key fob :(

can you open the fuel filler door? You (or someone) may have inadvertently hit the lockout button between the two buttons. Try inserting a key into the keyhole and turning; it might unlock the lockout and bring the release back to life.
i can still open my trunk with the key fob so im gessing its just the swith inside the car, is this a easy fix please help im getting tired of having to turn off the car to open it with the key fob :(

yes i can still open the fuel door, i had never even payed any attention to the button inbetween i must have inadverntaly hit it. thanks.

:D

yes i can still open the fuel door, i had never even payed any attention to the button inbetween i must have inadverntaly hit it. thanks.

I remember because I hit it once looking for the release....and had a momentary panic until I realized what had happened.

:cheers:

It's the valet feature to prevent unwanted access to all the valuables stored in the trunk. I used mine to best effect when I went camping at Le Mans last year and had all the valuables (beer mainly) locked away, but never lock your keys in there (which I have unfortunately done once, very very embarrassing).