Navigation Gen 7.1

Reefer

I want to update my 2004 RX330 Nav system to the Generation7.1.

Where is the most reasonable place to purchase the disk and is it fairly easy to

do on my own? The service personel told me that if I get the disk, just drive in

and he will pop it in and help me get it going in a few minutes.

Any tips???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
By upgrading to this new version, will I still be able to override the system?

Yes you will be able to override the system, it's just map update

This post seems to suggest that installing ver 7.1 will disable the override. The poster says that a hybrid disk is needed.

I have a 2005 RX 330 Gen 4, 5.1 and do not want to lose that feature.

Would someone that has installed the ver 7.1 DVD please confirm that it does not remove the ability to override the Navigation Motion Lock.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I realized my copy is a gen 3 6.1. It works in my 2002 ls430. BUT NO OVERRIDE function.

Anybody got a copy that overrides? I think there is a way to change a file and re-burn the disk. Look at www.lexusoverride.com

dv

its all over bittorrent -torrentz.com ....

I have an '06 RX330. Can anyone tell me how to determine the version number of the Navigation system that came stock with the car?

I'd like to upgrade the maps, but I just saw a dealer advertised price for their DVD, and I had to take two nitroglycerin tabs to recover ...

Thanks.

I have an '06 RX330. Can anyone tell me how to determine the version number of the Navigation system that came stock with the car?

I'd like to upgrade the maps, but I just saw a dealer advertised price for their DVD, and I had to take two nitroglycerin tabs to recover ...

Thanks.

If you are using the OEM original disc that came with the car (2006), you are currently using either version 5.1 or 6.1. You can check by either looking at the navigation disc located in your trunk area, or by pulling up the dvd menu (Tap Menu, Tap Map Disc).

I have a RX330 purchased in early 2004, not sure what Navigation version it is (currently away from it). Anyone know what version it 'should' be and what version I should try to obtain? I also heard from the dealer a newer version is coming soon... is that right?

• 3 weeks later...

If you hit the Menu button you should see Map DVD on top right of screen. Press that button. It will give you the version of the Map DVD you are currently using. However, if it has been changed, it will not be the one that came with the car. I believe the 2006 is a gen 5 system.

BTW, I just replaced the 4.1 to 7.1 disk DVD in my 2005 RX330.

The steps are easy. THe NAV DVD us under the jack tray at the rear of the car. There are two plastic round head pop in bolts (one on the left, one on the right) that pop our when pried with a screwdriver. The Nav unit is on the right under the tray. Put the key and turn to acc postion. There is a slider on the front of the unit (it faces the driver door) on the top left of the unit as you are facing it. Slide it the other way (I think it was to the left.) The disk will eject in a couple of seconds. Put the new disk in and push the slider back to the origional postion. Replace the two plastic pins and you are all set.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I just upgraded my 04' RX330 Gen 2/3 from v2.1 all the way to v7.1 (86271-33036 464210-0930) with zero issue.

It took me less than 5 mins from accessing the DVD drive in the back, replaced the old DVD and completed the install.

:D

Asking if someone needs a disk is the same thing as mentioned before to previous members selling copyrighted material.

Take this as your first warning Tony.

I will not be negotiating to find out who has real and who is selling fakes , no nav disks for sale other than dealers.

I hope this is clear !

Anyone need Gen 3 or Gen 5 V7.1?