Homelink Question

My garage door opener is old (over 15 years) and is not compatible with the Homelink system in my new '08 RX 350. Does anyone know of a converter that will allow my car to communicate with the opener?

Aaron

P.S.

I want the dealer to install the Satellite Radio but they want $850, has anyone gotten it done for significantly less?

You want a dealer to install that radio, they do it right (assuming you do it at Tom Wood Lexus that is...) a quality hjob has alot of stuff under the dash console and splicing into some wires to the radio. The dealers have done alot of these and they know exactlky where everything needs to go. I would not trust anyone else. And you know that the dealers warrenty is going to be the best. If that radio quits working, and is screwed up in some way, the dealer will bend over backwards to make sure it gets fixed right.

Again, I can only speak for the Tom Wood Lexus dealership.

My garage door opener is old (over 15 years) and is not compatible with the Homelink system in my new '08 RX 350. Does anyone know of a converter that will allow my car to communicate with the opener?

Aaron

Are you really sure your old opener is not compatible? If it is a rolling code system, you may have to fuss a bit getting the Homelink to deal with the opener. By this I mean you may have to repeat the installation routine several times. I ended up moving the car into the garage and parking it right under the opener unit. After about the 20th time, Homelink learned. If you bring the car into the garage, make sure there is clearance, so the door doesn't close on the car.

I have a 12 year old opener that is not Homelink. I was able to get our '08 RX400h to work. When the salesman was briefing me on the car's functions, he pointed out the three opener buttons. I told him I didn't have a Homelink opener and he said it didn't matter and that it would work with virtually ANY remote. He was right.

Then I decided to try it in my BMW which I had for over two years and, sure enough, worked there too, DOH!

Follow the instructions carefully and try again, bet it will work. If your opener is a rolling code one, you might have push a button on the opener at some point during programming, check the manual for your opener. If you don't have the manual, you can probably download from the manufacturers website.

I have a 12 year old opener that is not Homelink. I was able to get our '08 RX400h to work. When the salesman was briefing me on the car's functions, he pointed out the three opener buttons. I told him I didn't have a Homelink opener and he said it didn't matter and that it would work with virtually ANY remote. He was right.

Then I decided to try it in my BMW which I had for over two years and, sure enough, worked there too, DOH!

Follow the instructions carefully and try again, bet it will work. If your opener is a rolling code one, you might have push a button on the opener at some point during programming, check the manual for your opener. If you don't have the manual, you can probably download from the manufacturers website.

The 3 buttons is nice as I have mine programed to both garage doors and my electric gate. The rolling code like someone stated just takes pushing the learn button on the opener and it will pick up the code.