Best Ecu

You have the 2JZGE? For a full stand alone the best ones are AEM or maybe HAltech. AEM is a proven performer. ( See signature) And the AEM is way tunable and user ready. And it doesn't matter if its Vvt-i or not.

You have the 2JZGE? For a full stand alone the best ones are AEM or maybe HAltech. AEM is a proven performer. ( See signature) And the AEM is way tunable and user ready. And it doesn't matter if its Vvt-i or not.

yea I have a 2jz. how easy is the AEM tunable? i would like to be able to tune it myself.

If you want to be able to tune yourself, then the AEM is by far the most powerful and easiest one to use. I don't know your back ground, but if you have no experience, then I would call AEM and find the closest AEM authorized tuner and let them do the initial tuning for you. So you can atleast get the base air fuel maps done. Then talk to them about what you want to be able to do.The AEM comes with a CD based program that you can download onto a laptop. From there it's getting a long enouph USB cable to run from the ECU to the laptop and then you can read real time A/F maps for idle, light load and wide open throttle conditions, adjust the band pulse width of each of the fuel injectors, adjust a/f , blah blah blah. Once you learn how to read the a/f maps and interpret the data, then you'll be tuning in no time.

Just remember, until you know how to do it yourself, make sure you have a someone who does do the initial tuning, and run all your changes by them first. Too lean, and "pop", !Removed! the timing to far, ect. ect. and you could be in alot of trouble real fast. Any stand alone can be dangerous if tuned incorrectly. I'm not trying to scare you, I just want you to understand the importance of getting the initial maps right, and learning how to tune without costly experimenting.