Engine Vibration Solved

Hi Everyone,

I had already replaced the transmission mount to solve a humming/vibration at 3000 rpm. Now I had a slight resonance vibration in the accelerator pedal at 1,800 rpm/40 mph. I replaced both engine mounts and that problem is solved. When I pulled them out they showed the same 3/4 of an inch in rubber compression that the transmission mount did, however neither of the mounts were cracked.

Two tips:

1.From underneath, unbolt the three bolts for the ps resiviour bracket and let it dangle. This will give it the flexability to prevent the ps hoses from breaking when you jack up the engine.

2. After removing both upper and lower mount bolts from both sides, position a jack and a block of wood under the oil pan near the side you are going to do first, when you jack up the engine this will give you the lift height needed to get the old mount out and the new mount in. Also, on the right side remove the a/c drain tube temporarily for better access.

As an added benefit, replacing the engine mounts also solved a clunk/thunk I was feeling in the powertrain when I shifted from park to drive.

The car is now glass smooth under all conditions. This car feels brand new even though it is 12 years old with 85,000 miles on it. Leave it to Lexus!!!

Hi,

I have vibration problems with my sc400. At idle its smooth but when I give it some gas it start to vibrate at certin rpm. Exsample around 1500 I feel it then it smoothing out. then at 2000 it dose it again. Also when I'm on the high way I feel a shake like a tire balance. And I here a hummin nose like if the transmission stuck on a gear. But at 65 mph my rpm at 2100. Is that a normal rpm for that speed. Also getting that clunk sound when I go from park to drive. Transmission shifts excellent. Any help will surely be appriated.

Hi,

I have vibration problems with my sc400. At idle its smooth but when I give it some gas it start to vibrate at certin rpm. Exsample around 1500 I feel it then it smoothing out. then at 2000 it dose it again. Also when I'm on the high way I feel a shake like a tire balance. And I here a hummin nose like if the transmission stuck on a gear. But at 65 mph my rpm at 2100. Is that a normal rpm for that speed. Also getting that clunk sound when I go from park to drive. Transmission shifts excellent. Any help will surely be appriated.

I would replace the transmission mount right away. Then when you can afford it, replace the engine mounts. These cars are designed to be smoother than a Rolls Royce!