Best Wax To Hide Scratches?

Actually, a polish will hide the scratches much better than a wax alone. And if you want it to last, then you'll need to wash the car with a dish detergent to break down and remove all the old wax build ups, and residues. Then clay bar it. Then wash it again, and then use a good quality polish. Then wax it. If you don't go thru those steps, what ever you do won't last long enouph to matter in my opinion. And if you not a regular schedule detail person, then substitute wax with paint sealant. Paint sealant doesn't look as nice as wax, but it is more durable and lasts longer if you park the car in the sunlight alot and or don't garage it.

I would go to the detailing forum here and do a search. They have countless threads and how to's and links and all of that in there.

Clay barring a car is like a putty compound that you knead up in your hands and scrub all the contaminates and build ups off the paint. So the polish and wax/paint sealeant can cling to the paint better and give you a much better look.

Clay barring a car is like a putty compound that you knead up in your hands and scrub all the contaminates and build ups off the paint. So the polish and wax/paint sealeant can cling to the paint better and give you a much better look.

Find a product that has fillers, notice I said product not wax. I would personally remove the scrathes with OC or OHC and then proceed with a wax/sealant.

Find a product that has fillers, notice I said product not wax. I would personally remove the scrathes with OC or OHC and then proceed with a wax/sealant.

Yeah, good point.

Yeah, good point.

It also depends on how deep the scratches go. For better protection against stone chips (which is probably what created your scratches), instead of using a wax, I would put on a clear coat with a flex agent. And Smooth1 is right about the Detailiing forum.

OC? OHC?

It also depends on how deep the scratches go. For better protection against stone chips (which is probably what created your scratches), instead of using a wax, I would put on a clear coat with a flex agent. And Smooth1 is right about the Detailiing forum.

The car already has a clearcoat on it. All a clearcoat is is a top layer of paint with no pigment.

I'm going to move this to the detailing forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't use any "filler" type product or the scratches will just show up again as soon as the product wears off.

Use only compunds and polishes that are "TRUE CUT"

( www.rightlook.com )

These products will physically remove the scratches. The amount of which is dependant on how many stages you do, and/or doing it by hand or machine.

PM me if you want more info on it. ;)

Don't use any "filler" type product or the scratches will just show up again as soon as the product wears off.

Use only compunds and polishes that are "TRUE CUT"

( www.rightlook.com )

These products will physically remove the scratches. The amount of which is dependant on how many stages you do, and/or doing it by hand or machine.

PM me if you want more info on it. ;)

There are other products just as good, if not better then rightlook.com. When people start stating websites, I wonder since there are many good products out there when you use enough.

Fillers are good in some apps; it depends on what YOU or the customer wants. If you are selling, you do not care......For me, I do not like but again, it depends on the app. Based on the topic, fillters are the easy way to go

Well I guess I just want the vehicles that go through my personal business to look good and stay looking that way. I'm not just going to "hide" the scratches on a vehicle, just so it looks like crap again as soon as the wax is gone.

It's good for business when you do great work. And I say Rightlook because it's the best product I've ever used hands down, to anything.

There is no difference in application between a "true-cut" chemical, and a "filler" chemical. So why not use the quality product, over the waste of time?

Plus it's his own personal vehicle.....once again...why not use the best product for the best result????

after reading autopia, you can keep your rightlook. Not many say anything great. Average products....I will take CG, danase, JW or clearkote here. Even FK is not bad.

In some apps, you want fillers. example, if you are selling your car the seller is not going to waste $$$ on correcting the paint...

Fillers have there place shown..Once you do this for years you will see the benefits (on both sides).