1999 Rx300 Headlight Auto Off Delay

indiana

My head lamp auto off stopped working when in the auto position. They remain on. I wait quite a while and they never go off.. I have to turn them off manually. Has anyone else had this problem? What would I need to check?.. Thanks! Indi

Your auto light sensor may be bad, there is no easy way to check it without the scan tools Lexus uses. Sorry, It is probably that sensor on the dash or the Body ECU has a problem.

Your auto light sensor may be bad, there is no easy way to check it without the scan tools Lexus uses. Sorry, It is probably that sensor on the dash or the Body ECU has a problem.

I was hoping it was the extreme cold we had, because that was when it happened. I thought maybe a relay froze up, but since it has warmed up it is still the same. :(

Thanks!.. Indi

Turns out the day night sensor still works, just the auto off doesn't work. It still goes off when I hit the lock twice.... Dunno... Indi