Rear Windows From Front Controls

rxpx40

My wife pointed out to me tonight that the rear windows on her 2004 RX330 do not respond to the driver's controls. I reached back and operated the right rear window using the right rear door switch. Is this normal, or am I about to visit the dealer?

Thanks

Chris

My wife pointed out to me tonight that the rear windows on her 2004 RX330 do not respond to the driver's controls. I reached back and operated the right rear window using the right rear door switch. Is this normal, or am I about to visit the dealer?

Thanks

Chris

You probably can't open the passenger window from the driver-side control either. Here's the fix...

Turn the key on (not necessary to have the engine running). Go to the passenger's door and lower the window with the local control, pause for a few seconds, then hold the button in the up position until it closes completely and then continue to hold it in that position for 4 or 5 more seconds. Repeat this for each door. Once you've finished, all the windows should work from the driver's door master control.

This is what worked for me.

Cheers,

Mac