Emblems On Trunk

boostedis300

i have a 2001 is300 and was thinking that it would look much more cleaner if i took the is300 emblem on the right side of the trunk as well as the lexus emblem on the left.. and to leave the lexus L logo by itself. how would i get these emblems off? what tools do i need to get the emblems off???

They are just stickers. You can go to a craft store and get a product called Un-Do. it's a sticker remover with a Bestine base. Won't hurt the clear coat, but you will have to rewax that area of the car. 3M also makes an adhesive remover. Just remember to pull on it slowly. So you don't bend/break them if you ever want to put them back on later.

Yep, those emblems are glued on. You can put a little of the stuff Smooth mentioned and then take a piece of fishing line or strong string and slip it under one edge of the emblem, grab both ends of the string (wear gloves) and pull it acros under the emblem (left to right) and it should pop right off.

They are just stickers. You can go to a craft store and get a product called Un-Do. it's a sticker remover with a Bestine base. Won't hurt the clear coat, but you will have to rewax that area of the car. 3M also makes an adhesive remover. Just remember to pull on it slowly. So you don't bend/break them if you ever want to put them back on later.

so ill get the 3M adhesive remover and floss??? why would i have to wax that area and with what kind of wax??

When you use the adhesive remover, it will also take the coats of wax you have on the car right there. You do wax your car right? So, that area won't have any car wax on it when your done. Hence, you will have bare paint. So I just made the suggestion to make sure you rewax that area after you remove the emblems. If you never wax your car, then just forget it.

When you use the adhesive remover, it will also take the coats of wax you have on the car right there. You do wax your car right? So, that area won't have any car wax on it when your done. Hence, you will have bare paint. So I just made the suggestion to make sure you rewax that area after you remove the emblems. If you never wax your car, then just forget it.

im scared that when i take the emblems off the paint will come off as well.. are you sure it wont come off?

Bare paint. Just the paint with no wax, no polish, no nothing on it like whatever. It won't have ever been waxed and the area around it will have the wax removed so you'll need to put some wax on there to shine it up like you do when you wax your car if you wax your car, but if you don't wax your car don't worry about it cause it will look just like the rest of the car does already, but if you're worried about the paint coming off which it won't, but if you are, then don't take the *BLEEP*ing emblems off in the first place, because smooth and I may be lying to you and your car may fall into a pile of *BLEEP* on the ground after you do what we said.

im scared that when i take the emblems off the paint will come off as well.. are you sure it wont come off?

Heat it up well with a hair dryer, This will ease the process. If you want it off, Just do it ;) and wax the area where the emblem was.

Heat it up well with a hair dryer, This will ease the process. If you want it off, Just do it ;) and wax the area where the emblem was.

sorry but what are all the things i need for this??

1.hair dryer

2. adhesive remover

3. wax

4. string

?? missing anything??

That should do it.

okay, the only reason why im so scared to take them off is because when i look at it, the adhesive seems to be the same color as the car. the car was repainted, i am not sure if there is anyway that the spot under the emblem did not get painted... what do you think?? when i lightly touch the emblems i notice that it moves around after rain... are your emblems off?

That may be an issue. If the car was repainted. But easily solvable. Just pull the emblems off with the adhesive remover slowly. then wipe the area down real good, You may have an outline left on the car to deal with. I would use adhesive remover and wipe the area firmly, then use cleaner wax and buff that area by hand real good to see if you can get it all off. If you notice a pigment difference or the outline is really noticeable, you can allways reglue the emblem back on. Maybe paint them while they are off and then reattach them?

That should do it.

okay, the only reason why im so scared to take them off is because when i look at it, the adhesive seems to be the same color as the car. the car was repainted, i am not sure if there is anyway that the spot under the emblem did not get painted... what do you think?? when i lightly touch the emblems i notice that it moves around after rain... are your emblems off?

I took the emblems off my IS300 when I had it, but it was all original paint. Try what smooth suggests. That and a little scratch remover type compound should level out any paint difference.