Our Fav. Topic-perf. Parts!

Lex3486

Is this worth anything at all? I'm guessin by the price that it's not much count...

http://www.speedyperformanceparts.com/touc...trut-bar_z.html

Also, I would deeply appreciate it if anyone could either give me a comrehensive list of part(s) that they've found that are for or will at least fit the 93 ES? All I've been able to find is suspension kits and the occasional intake (most of the searches pull up the Akimoto intake; is this any good?)

thats kinda pricey man, You can find ones off ebay that are almost half the price and do the job perfectly........

But why are you looking for these things when your tranny is about to die ? Or is it not ?

just wondering ....

Look on ebay though ..

Haha; no sk I haven't. Guess I should do that :rolleyes: And I think my tranny is fixed-changed fluid and filter and it appears to be alright now. Weird...seems too easy a fix to me, but hey, if it works?! ;) You think $35 is expensive?! Shoot, that's why I was skeptical as to whether or not it's a good part was the price! :lol:

Yeah, that's what I thought, but I don't know if cheap is good for anything but the wallet-my friend has a Chevy Cavalier and he bought a cheaper strut bar, and he can't tighten it down for some reason; it's so loose, you can pull on it and it'll flex a couple inches :lol: Not doin him too much good I don't think. Has anyone had good experience with any particular brand?

trut bars are worth every cent and since they are so cheap they are fine.

90% of strut bars come from one small factory in taiwan in the middle of a rice field .So tehy are are pretty much the same quality and fit. When they don;t it is usaly the person installing them not doiing it properly.

$50 is the most to pay for a bar.

the cheap ones dont do any good.. they flex almost as much as not having one... get one that is welded to one piece and youll be fine

They are not as sturdy as the trd or solara one which is welded and a wider bar.

But they do make a difference especially if tightened properly. So as i said for the price tehy are worth the sharper steering feel.

sk, I looked in the FAQ, but couldn't figure this out: would a stock 99-02 Solara strut bar fit a 94-96 ES, or would there be issues with length of the bar and/or hood clearance? It looks like a rock solid, one piece bar that wouldn't flex or break.