Slight Hesitation Is300 2002

Seadoo Dad

Hi all,

Lil help... I bought a 2002 and everything is great other than a lil engine hesitation at the light. its not much. it occures sometimes when the peddle is pressed slowly. i thought it was from the morning starts and the hesitation seems to go away when it warms up then it comes back occasionally. once off the line no problems. could it be injectors?

Actually it's the the throttle cable. You probably have to much slack in it. Pop the hood and pull the engine cover off. Look at the back of the throttle body and see how much play you have in the cable. If it seems excessive, there are the adjusters on the throttle lever to adjust the slack out. I see this issue on just about every IS 300.

You can open the hood, take off the engine cover and then sit in the car and move the gas pedal while watching the cable at the throttle body. There needs to be some slack, but there shouldn't be a lot of take up before the cable engages. There should still be a loop of cable near the adjuster. I had mine adjusted so when you barely pushed the pedal the car started to rev. Once I got used to it, it was pretty slick.

• 2 weeks later...

Barkat,

I had the same problem and remember reading somewhere on here about cleaning the cold air sensor located in the air intake? The post said to take electronic cleaner (Not WD40 or Brake Cleaner) and flush it out. Reinstall the unit and that should fix it. Well, it did for awhile until it got dirty again. Learned to live with the surge at a stoplight.

Ken