For Better Gas Mileage..

Hey.. I know the Gs gets really bad gas mileage... But I found that 76 gives you the most for your buck.. I used to use Chevron with my honda (h22 engine swap, which by the way im tryin to tell) all the time.. So when I got my GS I still used Chevron. And the mileage was horrible. When I switched to 76.. I noticed a major improvement... I think its because Chevron has Techron. What do you use and what do you think???

Ps... And for better performance and gas mileage.. Fill with 100 octane so it burns and cleans full injectors.. Then use the 76 91 octane.. This should help.. DO NOT use any garbage full injector cleaners from auto stores.. THEY WILL destroy the spark plugs... 100 octane will do just fine.. even better..

I am in NYC and the highest octane gas that can be bought here is 93. Would you recommend purchasing octane booster and pouring it into the tank then filling up? I am getting on avg 12 mpg in the city and I do not drive aggressive.

Yeah I guess if your used to getting 35mpg then 25 is bad. I have a gs400 and get an average of 22-25 I drive mostly highway.

When you fill up you need to watch out for something called gasohol, HESS and some of the cheaper gas stations use it. It will kill your mpg.

This may be the phenomenon that your seeing!!!

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-gasohol.html

BP

Yeah I guess if your used to getting 35mpg then 25 is bad. I have a gs400 and get an average of 22-25 I drive mostly highway.

When you fill up you need to watch out for something called gasohol, HESS and some of the cheaper gas stations use it. It will kill your mpg.

This may be the phenomenon that your seeing!!!

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-gasohol.html

BP

Every gas station in NYC uses 10% ethanol in the mixture, which suggests that they all use "gasohol". Could be the reason why NY people are complaining about their MPG.

NEVER USE OCtane Booster.. That is the worst way to improve the gas... Trust me.. There is somewhere that sells 100 Octane.. Just research where they sell 100 octane.. I didnt think they sold 100 octane here either, but I ended up finding a place... trust me. theres always a spot..

• 2 weeks later...

FYI : Any local general aviation airport sells 100LL 100 octane low lead. Costs 4-5 bucks per gal. It will stain your injectors blue from the dye in it.

FYI: Octane does absolutely nothing to clean injectors. This is just more gasoline hooey. If you want to learn about petroleum, go to the American Petroleum Institute's website. There you will find an area that dispells most of the myths of gasoline, octane and additives.

FYI: I have been running 89 octane in my 00 GS300 for years. Amazingly, I still get around 20 in town and 25-26 hwy. For the six cylinder, I can't detect any difference in performance either. I used to be fooled by the idea that higher octane was better for the car, but wised up after studying the subject. Check the API site and see the light.

Hope this helps some of you save money.

FYI : Any local general aviation airport sells 100LL 100 octane low lead. Costs 4-5 bucks per gal. It will stain your injectors blue from the dye in it.

You forgot to mention that the 100LL (which is a hell of a lot of lead compared to any automotive gasoline, even in the good old days of my youth) will KILL the oxygen sensors, and destroy the catalytic converters, which is certainly a more important downside than a bit of blue dye stain on the injectors.....