My Lexus Sc300 Won't Start After Removing Battery

timoun

Hello,

I own a Lexus SC300 and after removing and replacing the battery, my car won't start at all

No display, no sound

Can someone please help me?

I'm living in Cameroon and we don't have good lexus professional here.

I recently had a battery changed by a mechanic and car would not start, initially.

According to the mechanic, he had to replace a blown fuse, possibly caused by a recent jump of dead a battery by a roadside service company, I had called.

Hope this help

did you check the cables and make sure the other ends are still connected? Maybe pulled the ground off, or are not getting a good contact on the post.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently had a battery changed by a mechanic and car would not start, initially.

According to the mechanic, he had to replace a blown fuse, possibly caused by a recent jump of dead a battery by a roadside service company, I had called.

Hope this help

I am having the same problem with my 2001 Rx 300, however my lights work etc and the vehicle turns over but it will not start. The dealer said it probbly flooded and told me to hold the pedal to the floor and then try again. May take 35 seconds or so.

Well it did not work for me, if anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I did try disconnecting

the battery fo r20minutes again then put the key in and turned the accessory on to the right for 6 minutes. Did this twice in a row and still could not start it. HELP!

Jim - the problem with your RX sounds a lot like what happened when the alternator went on my SC400. There was a short inside it and it blew the 150Amp fuse. I thought it was going to be a quick and easy fix, but almost set myself on fire when the new fuse blew (it literaly exploded as soon as I re-connected the battery. Also, it took me 2 tries to get the alternator right - cheap AutoZone parts...