Towing The 2wd Lexus Rx 330 Four Wheels Down

rbrodehl

I am fixing my rx330 to be towed four wheel down with my motorhome.

I need to know what the white plastic box(tank) (which looks like a coolant overflow tank) which is located under the battery, is there for. It is connected only to the intake air pipe(lower) and it seams just to be a collector for water in case some water gets into the air filter box. But there are no drain holes for it if it should collect water..

I would like to remove it and place the tranmission oil pump in its place. This oil pump is part of a kit that allows four wheel down towing behind your rv.

Can anyone give me a reason that I should NOT remove this plastic tank?

• 1 year later...

I need to know what the white plastic box(tank) (which looks like a coolant overflow tank) which is located under the battery, is there for. It is connected only to the intake air pipe(lower) and it seams just to be a collector for water in case some water gets into the air filter box. But there are no drain holes for it if it should collect water..

I would like to remove it and place the tranmission oil pump in its place. This oil pump is part of a kit that allows four wheel down towing behind your rv.

I have been looking for information about flat towing my 2003 RX 300 behind my RV and your post is the only information I have found can you or other group members provide about the kit you mention or flat towing a 3003 Lexus RX 300.

MGA George

I have been looking for information about flat towing my 2003 RX 300 behind my RV and your post is the only information I have found can you or other group members provide about the kit you mention or flat towing a 3003 Lexus RX 300.

MGA George

I personally would not reccomend towing ANYTHING 4 wheels on the ground for longer than 20 or so miles. Its very hard on the drvetrain, even in neutral, things still have to spin. I can imagine it would be cheaper to get a dolly than to do all these modifications. Dollys can be had for a few hundred dollars.

• 3 years later...

My husband and I have been towing our 2001 RX300 (front wheel drive) behind our RV for four years with no problems. He stops every 200 miles & runs car for at least five minutes. It was destroyed in an accident unrelated to towing. We would also like to know if anyone has had success towing the RX330 four down and what if any transmission modifications were necessary. HELP!